Default 2007 LSV Suckgate placement

We tried our suckgate for the first time this week and it sprayed water all over? Wondering where I should mount the suckgate? Someone suggested under the LSV stickers on the stern.

The best luck for me has been as far back as possible so the suck gate paddleis in line with the rear ballast thru hull. At rest my suck gate is probably 1/2 to 2/3 under water. You will get spray-more of a rooster tail but I dont get water in the boat.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Outback LS
    325 Indmar Assault MPI
    Gravity 1 Ballast with IBS

We've had it spraying all over too. Do a bit of experimentation to find something that works. We angle ours back just a little to get the rooster tail going backwards a bit more. We find that we put the rear suction cup as low as we can (limited by the contoured lip on the side of the boat) and back pretty much as far as we can before the side starts to round over to the transom. The LSV decal was in the way of the front suction cup, so I removed it. Certainly this all depends on ballast configuration as well.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

I run mine a little further back from where it is in this pic. I keep it just below the lip you see above it in the pic so it is mostly underwater at rest.

sukgate1.0.jpg
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys, very helpful!