At the risk of over-inflating Brain's ego, I wanted to share my experience with his awesome suck gate this past weekend.

We were up at the lake over Memorial Day weekend and this thing works GREAT on our '14 LSV. It was just my wife and one of my sons (the other 2 boys couldn't make it up) so we had fewer bodies in the boat than we usually do. Bottom line is that the suck gate gave me both a taller and a longer wave, even without all the ballast. We normally go surfside 100% at 900lbs, non-surfside at 50%, hard tank 100% at 500lbs and IBS 100% at 500lbs, an extra 650lbs sac under the surfside seat plus the manual Flow at position #2 or #3. But with the suck gate I was able to forgo the extra 650lbs sac and I didn't even use the Flow and I still had a better wave. I also found that I was able to increase the speed a bit. Because the water was still pretty chilly up in the North Woods (58 degrees ) and I only had my shorty wetsuit, I didn't spend a lot of time messing around with different settings, but I'll tweak a few additional settings when we are back up in a few weeks to really dial in the wave.

I have to say that I wish I had bought one of these 2 years ago as the increased wave is significant on our '14 LSV! If you're on the fence about picking one of these up, I would highly recommend it as it's a lot cheaper and easier than adding more bags! My only suggestion is to make sure that you attach a line to the suck gate and clip it either to the cleat or the rear eye above the swim platform in case it slips out of your hand when you're attaching/detaching it from the side of the boat. It would be a cryin' shame to drop this thing to the bottom of the lake as I don't think this thing floats