Hello Moomba Forum participants - My name is Nick and I am currently building a house on a ~70 acre ski/wake boarding lake in Wichita, Ks.

The lake allows for 21 foot boats (the swim platform can go beyond 21 feet if it is removable).

I have a young family (Two children under the age of 3) and I am trying to identify the best value boat that would accommodate surfing and wake boarding. Since this is for my home, items such as storage are not a huge consideration.

I began my search by looking for used Mastercraft 205V's, but I have not been able to find one that makes sense. Recently, I went to the local dealer (This dealer carries Moomba, Axis, Malibu, and Mastercraft). The only boat in stock that might work is an X2, but >$70k is beyond what my wife would consider... The only Moomba in stock was a Mojo. I really liked the look of it and found via further research that Moomba makes the Mondo and Outback which would work on my lake.

I would love to find a used Outback V, but if not a dealer in Oklahoma has new Mondo that seems priced well and might be worth making the two hour drive to test it out.

My questions:
1) Besides cosmetics - what are the most significant differences between the Mondo and Outback V?
2) With the Mondo - what are the must have options? I have trouble believing that anything stock will be desirable....
3) Would you make a different recommendation to a family purchasing their first boat (with little surf/wakeboarding experience)

Thanks in advance!