So my new "secret weapon" finally got wet this weekend. Picked up an almost new 2013 Ronix Parks Carbon Thruster demo through a great lead from SandM (Thanks again!). I wanted a surf style board but couldn't justify going custom or forking out the $$ for similar big boy boards.

This is a 4'7" board and I'm 6'3 and 210ish so I was a little worried about it being too short. With a small wave it would probably not happen. With a decent to monster wave I think most guys could ride this no problem.

Absolutely love the carbon fiber finish on this thing - really pops.

The bottom edges have a bit of a curvature and rail to them vs smooth and flat like a skim board.

Super light weight. It's thicker than my other boards and won't fit in a normal wakeboard rack. So when you go to grab it, it's surprising how light it is. Comes with 10 fins, and 5 fin slots with multiple options. Yes, that's a whole lotta fins. I'm still a newbie at fin tuning so I stuck all 5 larger (2.9" I think) on it and set out.

Thinking it wouldn't budge with all those fins in the water I was quite surprised how squirrely it felt. Loose but fast! With the tip curling up more you have the ability to step on the go pedal a bit more than a flatter rocker board without pearling.

Early on it was clear the board is beyond where I'm at now but I'm looking forward to stepping up my game. It feels like it will spin fairly easy, even with all those fins, and is plenty buoyant. Also feels like some airs are definitely going to be easier.

I wasn't running enough weight up front so the pocket was a bit shorter on this first test run (which was also too short). Then I was messing around with a new GoPro remote I just got which was cool but distracting.

Anyway, here's a little vid of the first run fun.