Thread: New Tow Rig

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by freshturk View Post
    ive had my '13 fx4, quad cab, 5.5ft bed, 3.7 since april and I havnt seen anything close to the mileage you're getting. When it was stock i would average mid-15s on mixed highway/city and never really saw much of an improvement on solely highway. Now with the level and 33s, the computer tells me 13.5-14.1 mixed without the chip being reflashed to accomodate the larger tire size so in reality its prolly 0.5mpg better. Towing from Ohio to NC through the hills of WV, i averaged 10.5 with the bigger tires. Overall like everyone else has said, it tows about as good as it gets for a gasser, but unfortunately i have not seen the mpg that others have posted. I drive like a grandma too.
    I hear ya man, unfortunatly like you say, MPG is relative to area, and driving conditions. I do drive it pretty easy most of the time. I rarely go over 2K rpm and the stretch i drive to work is 55 and relativly flat. I have 20 miles 55 with 2 slow down to 30 sections for 1/2 mile. Then 8 miles city 30-45 mph area, lots of traffic lights but they are timed so I eighter hit none, or 1.

I really haven't had her up on the Highway 60+ yet. I have 1700 miles now.

I did see a slight drop .3-.5mpg drop when i lifted the front but I am still running the 18 all terrain tires. I would expect a drop when I upgrade to 33BF or Toyo Country's once these are worn out.

I am seeing a 2mpg increase across the board compared to the F350. Nice gain and with the price difference in Diesel to Unleaded here I'm saving about 20 bucks a tank plus gaining 100 miles per tank.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I'm guessing you've already seen this:

http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...#axzz2qgmSpqLb

Shoot, we all need to make sure we drink canned beer instead of bottled from here on out to support this American company! Say yes to Aluminum.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    I'm guessing you've already seen this:

http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...#axzz2qgmSpqLb
    Yes I've seen it, on the fence about the styling of the front end.

Bradd its all good brutha.

I guess since I have owned, the 6 oh no, the 6.4 and now an Eco, I am qualified to jerk myself off. Thank You.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]