I'm looking for an opinion here.

I got my new prop today, an Acme 1617, and I now have a dilemma. With all of the prop carriage lately due to low lake levels, thus the reason for the replacement, I'm wondering if I should put this thing on and risk it. While my current prop is damaged, it is still useable.

My wife says to wait until next season, but I hate to let something so shiny just sit in a box.