Quote Originally Posted by c5er View Post
Thanks for the input. Looking at the radio manual I see the speakers are connected via the radio harness. I also see the radio has RCA out for an amp for 4 speakers and an output for a amp for subs.

Does anyone know how the speakers are connected to the wiring harness? Do they need to be cut are are they have disconnects?

I would still need another amp just for a sub. Where would you mount a sub?

Yes there will be a harness with a male and felmale connector. I prefer to keep this connection spot because it allows me to just disconnect and do all my wires without them reconnect it. The factory only runs the harness up high and leaves no room very little room to strip and put new terminals on the wires. Plus i liked the fact the wires already had tags telling me what speakers they were going to.

There is nothing wrong with just home running new wires from each speaker though.

Id reccomend a seperate amp for the Sub, since you are looking to keep the costs down, and you want just a nice pleasurable sounding system in the boat, and not something to make the other resisdents on the lake mad. I would look into 5 channel amps. Kicker has a nice 5 channel as well as several others. This will give you a 4 channel amp for High pass on your cabins, and a single Low pass with enough power to run your sub. This also keeps wires simple.

As for placement, the 12 LSV is the new Top Hull and has a ton of room in the cubby, you can simply build a box for that area and slid it up to the bow seats. You might have issues once you close the observer seat and if you store gear because you will be suficatting the sub.

What i would reccomend is the Drivers area under the dash. That hump in the floor unscrews. Then you have a big space up there. I would <and i plan to on my 13 Mojo> have the box up there. Then when you put the floor in make a hole in the upper panel with the carpet, or remove it all together to allow the sub to breath.