Hybrid View

well im thinking its time to start training my drivers back up (aka the 13 year old kido). Heck just today she reminded me she will have a permit in a little over a year.

been really impresed seeing Pats daughter take the boat and know what she is doing--its a cool thing to witness

any advise
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Start early and make it fun. Lots of encouragement and praise. Throw out scenarios or situations and ask what she would do.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

When the time comes I'm going to take the kiddos out one-on-one. Show them everything, then repeat after me. No phones, no stereos, no distractions. My son surprises me already by how much he knows but there's a lot to do with timing and spacial awareness that is huge. We have a week long trip coming up so maybe I'll carve out some "driving with dad" time.

Catch is law here states "Persons who do not have a boater education card and are 12 years of age or older may operate a vessel with more than 15 HP if accompanied by and under the direct supervision of a responsible person 16 years of age or older who has their boater education card" so they've got a few more years before they can be legit with me in the water.

I also promised I was going to teach them to drive my truck as soon as their feet could reach the pedals and guess what....
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...