Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Winterizing Sacs and Heater?

This year I think I'm going to try my hand at winterizing my Moomba. I've heard that you need to winterize the sac and heatre too. I'm curious what the procdure(s) are to winterize the cente sac and the heater on my '04 LSV?

Thanx in advance!

Moomba Dad
    Moomba Dad
    Ausable Lake, MI

2004 Mobius LSV

Moomba Dad - The heater has a core through which hot water runs from and to the engine black. Disconnect the black rubber water lines at the engine block and let the water drain from the core. This prevents damage to the water lines and a cracked heater core. Blow the lines to clear any water trapped in a low spot. With respect to the center sac, someone else will have to chime in. My Outback has only the G1 system with a single sac. I hang it up to completely drain, disconnect the quick connect couplers, and blow air through the lines. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

I just take out the bags on my boat and hang them up in the storage where I keep the boat.
    2006 Mobius LSV

Cab has a good winterizing thread. As for the bags i take them out and leave them in the basement which does not freeze..

I'll take the bags out, empty and hang them...but unfortunately my basement freezes at my cottage when I shut it down for the winter.
    Moomba Dad
    Ausable Lake, MI

2004 Mobius LSV

I just did my boat tonight, and for my heater I took the black hoses of my enging block and then riged a 3/4 hose barb end to my air compressor and blew the water out of the system. Then I poured 1/3 of a gallon of RV Anti freeze into one of the hoses and blew that through the system again.

For the sacs, I just took my bags out, took the water filter/strainer off and blew the lines dry. To get the empty lines, I blew them out through the exit bilge holes in the hull!
    CBAarestad

2004 Mobius LSV

This is really really sad. I feel for our northern brothers on this one. If anybody needs a fix, come on down!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Doing this already? It's only sept, the season doesn't really end till mid to late November
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Doing this already? It's only sept, the season doesn't really end till mid to late November
    Depends on where you live! Not everybody has a 9-12 month season.
    Not that I'm complaining...............oh wait, wait, Yes I am

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by cbaarestad View Post
    I poured 1/3 of a gallon of RV Anti freeze into one of the hoses and blew that through the system again.
    cb - Good move. That extra effort will benefit you in the event there is a low spot that did not empty of water. No worries over winter or regrets come next season. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles