Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moomba Outback V Pricing

Hi all, I’m new to the board based on my interest in buying used Moomba Outback V and trying to do my research. My family does a lot of wakeboarding and slalom waterskiing, thus we choose to go with an Outback V. Our budget is $24K-$28K and we are currently looking at a 2006 Moomba Outback V which has a tandem trailer, ballast system, tower, bimini top, and Moomba’s stock cruise control, however no tower speakers. This boat is listed at $31K and I have the dealer down to $28K. What do you think of this price? The base NADA prices are as follows: Suggested list price $32K, Average Retail $24K, and low retail of $21K.

I feel like it’s so hard to pick a boat and you always feel like when you buy one the next week there will be one for sale at better price, don’t want to make that mistake.

I look forward to your guy’s opinions and thanks in advance.

The only one that matters is the one you buy. If you are happy with the deal, go for it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I would try to go lower on the price for that year. Keep looking, there will be some good deals out there to be had.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Depends on Hours and condition. Dealer tried to give me 27k for my 07 OBV in august for a trade in, but i have alot more options than the standard. so i was tempted if it got to 31 to 33k on a trade for a newer boat. My.02
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

jmvotto is exactly right!! It depends on the hours and conditions plus the options that it has. It's high for NADA but is that a standard boat or is there lots of extras??

Bottom line is there is always going to be a better deal that comes along after the fact! You have to decide if you really like the boat and if so then as long as the price is good (doesn't have to be perfect) then go for it. If you compromise on things you want just to get into a certain price range you will probably regret it.

good luck and make sure to post pics when you do pull the trigger!!
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

I appreciate the all the info and advice so far….keep it coming!! The boat is aboat a 10 hour drive away so I have only viewed pictures so far. From the pictures it looks brand new (i.e. All seats look like they are in really good condition, carpet looks nice and the outside doesn’t have a scratch on it). The boat has ~234 hours on it and it has been used up in the northwest where our boating season is relatively short.

When you guys talk about extra’s what other extras could I ask for or would I really want with this boat, other than tower speakers and lights?

I'm also lucky becuase it will be registered in MT where we have not sales tax so I save a couple grand there.

Perfect pass, upgraded ballast, type of stereo installed (high end vs. stock) board racks, travel cover, stuff like that. You can get a cover for $200.00 or you can spend 750-1000 on an Evolution or like variety. Perfect Pass is just under 1K, stereo can get pretty crazy as well. If you had a list of the options included it would be cool.

Geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Other options for the OBV

I have added the followingto my OBV

1 factory bimini dealer installed

2 3 led interior lights dealer installed

3 Two 6.5” tower speakers HLCD dealer installed

4 One 6 channel jl 6600 marine amp for cabins and sub dealer installed

5 One polk momo marine 10”subwoofer dealer installed

6 Center Bow cushion

7 Depth finder dealer installed

8 6 6.5”polk db651 marine speakers self installed

9 On kicker zx 450.2 amp for tower speakers self installed on custom carpet board

10 Additional battery dealer installed

11 BEP marine VSR battery isolator self installed for two battery bank system

12 10 led’s in cup holders connected to interior led switch

13 Changed out rear light for 12 v switch outlet

14 Upgraded ballast to gIII from GI in factory specified locations self installed

15 Plumbed and wired for bow sac if necessary

16 Ipod adapter on head unit

17 westsound eq ws420 for tower and inboat separate volume control, eq, sub control and tower mic
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I think that sounds just a little high for a 2006. I have a 2008 with similar options (though single axel trailer) but with perfect pass and if I could get high 20s for it I'd feel like it's held its value well. Then again I got mine when the boat market was in the absolute crapper and if this board is any indication it seems like there's more purchasing action this spring.

Of all the add ons, perfect pass would be at the top of my list- especially if your wife will be driving.
    2008 OBV
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow
    attracted to shiny things that float

Last summer I bought an 06 OBV in very good condition, with 210 hours and payed right around 28k. However it did have a few good options, including Perfect Pass. So far I have been very happy with it. My dad slaloms and I wakeboard, and its been great for both.

Does the boat your looking at have the gravity 3 ballast? Since your going to pull wakeboarders your definetly going to want the extra weight.
    '06 Outback V