Tim,
Even though I frequented every high end HiFi store every other week to see what was new and spent more on stereo than was reasonable, I never got to see or hear the Bozak. It must have been a guaranteed lease buster.
Phil, We sold the JBL Paragon pictured in the 70s when I was with Pacific Stereo (when it was Colombia Broadcast). Most fun job I ever had. HiFi was at its peak before video and we were located in the most affluent part of Dallas at the time. We just helped people in mass get great systems from the best products available. Those bubbles, while generally short lived, are the best of times. Btw, even though it was not my kind of sound there was a JBL 4311 large bookshelf studio monitor that was incredibly live and dynamic. People who own them do not give them up and only rebuild them. All cast frames. 12 inch sub with a massive coil. Every aspect of construction was the best. Do a search.
Kaneboats, you are describing a clinical condition created from years of marriage where you have selective hearing losses coincidentally at the exact frequency range of the female voice. This is well documented. I've also adapted over the years to have lost sensitivity in the vocal bandwidth of small children, especially now that my own are raised.

David
Earmark Marine