Default Speedometer Adjustment Knob on the Dash?

So I am in the middle of installing the volume control for my stereo's line driver on the aluminum looking panel where the ignition key is, and while I have the panel out, I am thinking of installing the speedometer calibration knob on this panel also. This knob is currently under and behind the dash (directly behind this panel) so it's a simple matter of just drilling one hole in the panel. I know why they put it there - so that it's not accidentally turned by the curious or by little kids - but it's not a big deal to me to readjust it. I mostly use the PP display anyway to check speed so it's not a big deal if the speedo calibration knob gets accidentally played with.

So any thoughts one way or the other on this?

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

If it doesn't matter to you eighter way then why mess with it to move it? You cant see it where it is, and trust me bro, knobs you can see are going to get played with by someone, generally the driver when your in the water LOL. I'd leave the adjuster under the dash man.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

+1, why add a knob that is rarely ever touched into a spot where you see it every time you are in the boat?

Too late, I already drilled the hole )

I have used it a few times to dial in the speedo as it seems to get out of adjustment once in a while and it's really inconvenient to have to reach behind the dash while I'm trying to see where I'm going and look at the gauges, all at the same time.

Maybe I'll put a "Rocket Launcher - DO NOT TOUCH" label above the knob. LOL!
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I don't see where it would matter if it's on the dash Al, whatever works for you. Personally i've never had anyone mess with stuff, even the grandsons know better.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I'm a little late getting back to this thread but here's a pic with the tower volume knob and the speedometer adjustment knob on the dash panel. Nice to have it right there rather than having to reach under/behind the dash.

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

That looks pretty slick, Al. I like having stuff close, like the cooler.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!