Threaded View

Kane - chuckles... Last night I was on my iPhone and thought oh brother how can I type all these thoughts out. After I read davids comments I nodded my head and said... Yea I agree. See the thing is, tuning stuff is all based on scientic fundamentals but after that, you have to take into account many many real world situations with gear, speaker heights, locations, amp power and the list goes on and on.

So has been said before there is no right or wrong way to do this. The proof is in end result. Can you gain match levels with a volt meter, yup. But that's just one ingredient in the pie. Makes sense?

Jmvott- mandley has the Samson relationship pretty close. They used to be a customer of mine way back in my pg days. They make awesome wake towers. They used to do like many others and bolt speakers into cans and sell them. Fast forward ten years and i sat down with them and we created the backbone of a great collaboration whereby exile would design and engineer a new tower speaker and Samson would be the tower experts. Originally we intended to use the Samson collars and such but when we got deep into the project we opted for a completely new reinforced design which meant more costs and new "tools" yada yada... The good news is that the new design was based on the same concept and patent that Samson had used for the previous 3 years. So, yes, we make the speakers for both brands. We are both NW companies. The combined effort has really helped both companies be successful.

Al - see you at noon today.

Brian
    Exile Audio
    Last edited by Brianinpdx; 09-28-2010 at 11:28 AM.