Went surfing for the first time last night. We are still trying to figure out what to do. I have stock ballast. Filled the back left (400) and the center full. And then loaded two people (400 total) in the corner seat. One of them was actually sitting on the sun deck to get the weight more toward the corner. I

Sometimes when we start the person ends up on top of the wake right behind the boat so you have to go over the wake and down to get in the pocket. Are we doing something wrong to end up there? I didn't have trouble with this but my buddy did. I think he just isn't leaning away from the boat enough to stay out from right behind the boat when starting.

Also, can you still steer the boat like normal or do you have to make circles? He thought you had to just make circles. I tried that for awhile and then decided to try making laps around the lake. It seemed to work but didnt' know for sure if I was messing the wake up or not.

Wakeplate: I thought I would want the wake plate all the way up so that the back of the boat is sitting the deepest in the water. Well I ended up running with the wake plate all the way down. Maybe we are doing something wrong again here.