Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I have a great 2007 Moomba Mobius XLV with 175 hours on it, that I will sell you for $35K.

You should be able to get a 10 year note for about $450 a month pay $600 in the winter and back to $450 in the summer when buying gas. Paid off in about 7 years.

I'm looking to step down in size to under 22' 6" the local river we ride has a 22' 6" limit and I know it;s only time till I have an issue. Plus my dealer has a 2010 LSV Liquid Force that he's pushing.

Thanks for the information. I know that we will be in the used market, but it does give me a little better feeling that I am not the only one that needs to finance longer and pay off early. I jsut can not see coming up with 800-$1000 extra a month for a boat, but I know somw people can. Inboards seem to hold value after they get 2 or so years old. In fact i am looking to add to a 92 Supra comp that is actually my dad's but I now live 4 hours away and only steal it for a month or so. We bought it in 92 with 33 hours for about $13,000 and they are still $10,000 or so all day long, so that is not too bad for all the fun it has provided. Infact I kinda feel bad looking for a newer boat with all the blood and sweat that I have put into that boat keeping it up, but it runs like a top and is a great boat, and that is what I am looking at for us, a boat I can keep 15 years and not think twice about it. It just seems crazy to me all the 60-70k boats out there for sale, and I guess someone is buying them, just not me! heck it took me 3 houses before i spent that much! Now finding the right one....

patrick, sounds great, except i think i am going to be in the same boat with the size restrictions. I can't get an XLV in my garage, and right now I think I want to be able to get it out of the weather at least when it is put up for the winter. I do have a buddy that may be interested though, i will let him know. he bought an I/O about 3 years ago and kicks himself all the time, he went wakesurfing last summer and wants in inboard now bad! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyluke View Post
    patrick, sounds great, except i think i am going to be in the same boat with the size restrictions. I can't get an XLV in my garage, and right now I think I want to be able to get it out of the weather at least when it is put up for the winter. I do have a buddy that may be interested though, i will let him know. he bought an I/O about 3 years ago and kicks himself all the time, he went wakesurfing last summer and wants in inboard now bad! Thanks
    Have your buddy email me [email protected] and I can send him pictures and the specs.

Also if I get and LSV I can put it in the garage also, not just the warehouse at the office.

I also worked up to the current one by paying cash for the first one, using it for 2 years, trading up by selling and adding some cash, then doing it again. Had a loan on the Outback but paid it off before buying the LSV. I work at home and don't have a car payment otherwise I couldn't do it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

You just gotta work hard or finance with a low yearly expense!

Take out a 15-30 year loan. I’ve read this same question on the FB groups and there are people commenting they took a 30 year loan. That’s wild. But the banks are lending it. Seems like a bubble will form and burst eventually.

My wife is a saver and not a spender. I told her we needed a new boat, she said no, but i won in the end. she saved the money and ended up getting ours paying cash. Hard to write a check that big but its the only way she lets me buy toys. But it helps she is good at saving.
    2019 Mondo

Refinanced the house with cash back to pay off the boat. That was when you could write off the interest on taxes.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I think a lot of people just have a lot of debt. Me, I like to pay cash for things. My 98 Mobius was rough when I bought it last year for $3k. I'm putting money into it and will sell it in a few years for a profit and buy a nicer boat.

I see it all the time and just shake my head. I live just off a highway going into the mountains. I see folks with a $60k diesel truck pulling a $60k trailer. Some may have paid cash for their toys, but I bet a lot of people are in debt up to their eyeballs. I'm not one to judge, but that is not the way for me.

I'd like to see their retirement account balances. I am pretty comfortable with my 401k balance. My only debt is my mortgage. The goal is to retire in my late 50's, maybe 60, with $2 Mil in the bank/retirement account. Both my wife and I work.
    She ain't pretty, but she can dance!
    1998 Mobius