Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default HELP! Black swim deck prints on white seats!

Anyone else have black footprints on boat seats in their Moomba from the black "rubber" swim platform? Very hard to remove too!!

me... when it start doing that, you better change the whole pad.

Smile

Untill i get around to replacing with Seadec as many on hear have done,i've clearcoated mine with spray laquer and problem solved at least temporary anyway. It does make it slippery but footprints stop as well.
    Seadec is the better solution but this does work.
    07 Outback DD

FYI, your Seadek pad order can take 4-6 weeks. Your CC will not be charged till the order is ready. If you want it, order it right away. Good luck!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I changed mine to seadek.....no more foot print problems now. And it looks way better. I did a 2 tone with Moomba on it.

Default What is seadeck?

What is seadeck and why do I have to fix/replace after just 2 summers?

I found and used a Mister Clean Majic eraser,works excellent.

Be careful with the magic eraser. I agree that it works great. I use them all the time. But, they are abrasive-- like extremely fine sandpaper. They will take the UV protection off your interior. If you have to use them, make sure you apply a protectant afterward or you risk sun damage.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

when you put the seadeck pad on do you remove the rubber pad that comes with the swim platform? if so is it difficult to do? Also, how does the seadeck pad hold up to putting skis and boards on on the swim platform?
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

I think every one of us has who replaced the pad with Seadek has removed the old pad. I have removed two pads in the last 3 years on 2 different boats. It takes 10-15 min. to get the pad off. If you use Goof off or a similar product it takes about 45 min. to an hour to clean, scrape and clean again the platform to get it ready. While the pad is off I recommend using rubbing compound and then polishing compound to buff out any scratches on the paint around the edges so your finished job looks good. Position the new pad (or pads if you use the 3 piece one) and tape one edge in place. Then flip the pad up and remove the backing and press it back down. Get it right the first time as there is no moving it around.

The pad is extremely durable. When they put this stuff in fishing boats they clean fish right above it and then just hose it off. We stand on it and put boards on all the time. I absolutely love it.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!