Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ballast System Finally Works

OK today was the big test on the new ballast system that I installed. Just to recap. I ripped out the old crappy sprinkler system and single pump. I replaced it with 3 Tsunami 1200gph pumps, three intakes, three vented loops.

The last test, water was entering the bags without the pump on. I read on here about some guys cutting off the bottom of the scupper. I did the almost the same thing. I did not cut the whole thing off. I only cut the scoop off from the scupper. I kept the front end of it on. This will avoid any debris from entering the pumps.

The test. Valves open on the way we go. Have way to our spot, I opened the ski locker and low and behold. no water was in the bags. I had my son look in the rear lockers and the same thing. I had him check to see of the valves were open. Yes they were. The system finally works.

My son want to wakeboard so we time the fill. From start to finish on the 3 400lb bags was 7min and 15 sec. NICE. Very happy with the final results.

We also tried something a little scarry today. It was my boat and a friends Malibu. We were about 20 ft from each other with the sacs full of water. My righ and his left. We created a bowl effect for surfing. It was awesome. My buddy tossed in the ski rope and he surfed from side to side (from boat to boat) for a very long time. I will post pictures wen his wife sends them to me.

Again, after all the test and money that I spent testing the ballast system, I finally found the solutions. Very Happy.

Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Well it's about time huh?!
    2007 Mobius LSV

good to hear its done and works.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I want to put back in the water and ride around just to see it work again. I tell you, I am so happy. It beats all the other disappointment that I had with all the other test and money. Yes wakemakers pointed me in the right direction, they also steered me wrong. Not that I still need those parts that I am still waiting for. I am just glad that it is all over.

Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings

Tazz,
    Glad to see everything worked out.
    Can you post pictures of the scoops?
    How do you remove those things if you used permanent adhesive?
    Thanks.

congrats on the success.

anyone know how much time this saves on the fill?
    the real nice benefit is a much improved engine compartment. those sprinkler valves just look ghetto. probably my only major complaint with the overall mechanical aspect of a skiers choice design..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

GF

I did not remove the scuppers. I used lots of tape to protest the gel coat. I also use a dremel tool to cut the scoop off the scupper. This is the tool that I used. It is awesome. http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...r5&R=100659543 Then I grounded the rough edges away and everything was good. I will take pictures this week.

I agree about the ghetto sprinkler valves. Now that I fixed the system, I have the perfect boat.

Tazz, can you post pictures of everything--from the scoopers/thru hulls to the bags.

How did you connect the 1200pumps to the thru hull

thanks
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

no problem I get them posted this evening when I get home from work.

next time I'm in vegas, I'd love to take a look at this system firsthand. have considered doing this to mine as a winter project..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten