Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I guess the engine bay would be smaller and allow for bigger bags......
    I would hope that indmar has many hours of testing in real world applications prior to this announcement however I would have 2 main concerns and want several years of testing before I would buy one:

larry's comment above about smaller engine bays- turbos create heat. lots of it. would it really be smaller or taken up with either space for cooling or more radiators to keep them running chilled

and turbo spool. as the skier yells "hit it", what will that spool look like, especially slalom. twin turbos of differing sizes typically yield less turbo lag so interesting that they chose a single vs something like the bimmer inline6 that isn't so laggey.

one benefit tho would be a platform that the tuning community has an aftermarket for. it could open up options to move from 350hp to 450hp with some simple add-on's and tuning might not be proprietary anymore.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default Will Godzilla replace the raptor?

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I would hope that indmar has many hours of testing in real world applications prior to this announcement however I would have 2 main concerns and want several years of testing before I would buy one:

larry's comment above about smaller engine bays- turbos create heat. lots of it. would it really be smaller or taken up with either space for cooling or more radiators to keep them running chilled

and turbo spool. as the skier yells "hit it", what will that spool look like, especially slalom. twin turbos of differing sizes typically yield less turbo lag so interesting that they chose a single vs something like the bimmer inline6 that isn't so laggey.

one benefit tho would be a platform that the tuning community has an aftermarket for. it could open up options to move from 350hp to 450hp with some simple add-on's and tuning might not be proprietary anymore.
    The eco-boost 3.5 has very little spool, if any. Max torque at 2000 RPM. I have it in an exclamation it’s awesome. Very impressive if you asked me!

Edit: Sorry I didn’t realize the 2.3 was a single.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dakota4ce; 02-15-2019 at 03:07 PM.

This article says Indmar plans to use the eco boost in a .....drum roll.... Jet drive called the "Ecojet"! https://www.tradeonlytoday.com/manuf...9-launch-ramp2
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I sure hope they don’t put an eco motor in a wake boat... I just don’t see how they’ll control the heat from the exhaust housings and down pipes. The regular 3.5 can make them glow red in a truck, not including the overboosted Raptor. Plus the boost spikes every time the boat hits a wave... I just don’t see how they can account for that when the boat is loaded down in the tune.
    I was talking about it with e of the Rinkers guys this evening, I see lots of warranty claims and burned up boats in the future.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400