Quote Originally Posted by sicktc06 View Post
This is kind of a hard question to answer if you are referring to a used boat. New, you can go to Supra.com and Moomba.com and get a spec sheet and see some of the differences. I'm going to try and answer it the best I can to my ability.

Supra is like the Lexus of our boats. It's the more "Luxury" line of boat and does have a deeper haul, deeper V and (my opinion) rides better on the water. It has more "Luxurious" features over what the moomba has such as (new boat mind you) power driver seat option, heated driver seat option, and several other quality things to make it that much more luxurious. It is a higher quality boat. The new supra's also come with Supra Vision system, a complete touch screen system to automatically set things such as your ballasts, wake plate and can map your co ordinance on a GPS Map. Over all, is it a better quality boat interior wise than a Moomba? that's a tough call to make, but if you look at it over all, I think the answer is yes, but that is also my opinion.

Now with that being said.....

The Moomba boat is your price point boat - Such as the Toyota of the family. You get basic things - granted still nice- but basic such as a swiveling driver seat but not near as "plush" or nice of a seat as you get on a Supra. The interior fabric is noticeably different IMO. It's a lighter boat than it's matching counterpart as far as what I can see in regards to dry weight. Engine options are there, but standard I believe they come with smaller engines and smaller fuel tanks. There are several things the Moomba's do not offer in regards to a Supra, a touch screen or computer dash is one of them. You can definitely tell the difference in the dashes between the Supra and Moomba and see the Moomba dash is a little more price friendly in same cases.

I'm trying to name off some of the key differences I see between the two boats and I know I'm missing several things about the two boats which I'm sure Drew can definite cover in much more depth and detail.

From what I can tell, Moombas are retailing in the low 50's and Supra's are retailing in the high 70's, 80's.

They are both great boats though to be quite honest with you. Moomba has come a long way with what they even had 4 years ago.
Well that is what I was looking for, and yes I was talking retail to retail same year.

I can see the better stereo heated seats touch screen system with chrome and stainless accents making it a "nicer" boat. I did not realize hull design was different, I find that curious and perhaps the biggest difference. As a potential buyer I could easily forgo the "heated bling" stuff to save 20 k but hull performance would be a much bigger concern.

Any opinions on if/why the hull design is better comparing between the two?

I find it hard to understand that hull construction between the two would be significant enough to make the Supra cost more since the R&D is done and considering all the materials and molds are instantly available for both being the same company. And why would skier choice not use the same hull design (with accommodations for length) among all the boats? Why offer an inferior (if it is inferior) hull design for a boat built to accomplish the same thing?

I'm not a boat manufacturer so I obviously don't know the "why's" but that makes little sense that cost of production is so significant on a hull that they need a different "less expensive" hull for the price point boat.

Anyway thanks for engaging my curiosity I look forward to additional comments.