Default Kicker amp setup on MAX?

My Kicker amp was setup to just run my 2 tower speakers. With the setup shown in the picture is only half my amp being used? If so can I wire it like the 3rd picture and utilize the entire amp?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Yes, you can re-wire the amp to bridged into to 2 chnl mode, and drive the two tower speakers. But theres more to it then just moving speaker wires.

If the in-boats are powered by the head, id consider an amp suited for the tower, then re-purpose that 4 chnl to the in-boats.

I think a new amp for the tower will be the route I eventually go but for now just wanted utilize the entire amp I have. So your saying it's more complicated then just moving the green and purple wires to match the bridged operation in the picture?

Quote Originally Posted by evan.wildeman1 View Post
    I think a new amp for the tower will be the route I eventually go but for now just wanted utilize the entire amp I have. So your saying it's more complicated then just moving the green and purple wires to match the bridged operation in the picture?

There are a few other things you want to do.

If you want monaural operation:
    * Connect your RCA cables to the left and right AMP1 inputs
    * set the FADER push button to OFF, (button out)
    * re-wire the speaker wires as shown on your last pic

If you want stereo operation, (I think most people prefer this) you need to get two y-adaptors for the RCA inputs
    * Using an RCA Y-adaptor connect your left RCA signal cable to BOTH left and right inputs of AMP1
    * Using another Y-adaptor connect you right RCA signal cable to BOTH left and right inputs of AMP2
    * Set the FADER swicth to ON, (its "in" position)
    * re-wire the speaker wires as shown on your last pic

Hope that helps!

Phil
    Kicker

Thanks. I also found the tower speaker specs attached. Will the second setup you noted put me over on the max power rating?

You will be slightly over-powered but that is better than under-powered. It will be good. Right now you are delivering only about 35 watts to each speaker, maybe 40. After bridging the amp you will be at around 125 watts for each speaker.

Phil
    Kicker

Perfect Thanks.

Totally agree with Phil. More wattage on hand, we call headroom It can be managed with good tuning. Not enough wattage and rely on the volume dial and run everything pedal to the metal.

Fianally got around to setting up my tower speakers as you guys posted and it helped alot. Thanks for the advice.