Hybrid View

but what about the difference from 55 to 75, that's a lot of mpg saved at 55
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    but what about the difference from 55 to 75, that's a lot of mpg saved at 55
    Not sure i understand what your asking here.

The actual average MPG difference from 55 - 75 is only going to be 2-3mpg difference. Daves is so much harger because hes doing a small distance, at each speed. Many factors can change this including small uphill that you might not even notice but yet the truck notices it.

The only true way to get an average MPG is go several hundred miles at each speed over the same length of road in the same conditions. This is one of the reasons manufactures will say a vechicle gets X city and X highway and even those numbers are pretty conservative.

In my truck when it does the average MPG its over the last 500 miles since you reset the MPG.

I can be going down I5 towards Woodburn at 65 and average 19 MPG and then turn around and drive the exact same stretch and get 23MPG because even though it looks level to your eye you are actually going up hill to Woodburn.

You also have to factor in Wind. If you have a headwind the truck might be going 70 but a 10mph headwind makes the truck feel as though its going 80 and vis versus if you have a tail wind.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]