Hybrid View

My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by JoelFett View Post
    I fill everything full, put suck gate all the way at the back, plate at 25% and have people sit on surf side. I have gotten some good waves with that.
    This^^^. My '14 LSV really needs to list to get us the best wave possible. With 2 teenagers + 2 adults surfing regular side we go with:
    1) Surf side 900lbs @ 100%
    2) Non-surf side 900lbs @ 50%
    3) IBS 500lbs @ 100%
    4) Suck gate all the way back just below the bevel of the hull OR Manual Flow Plate at #2
    5) Wake plate Down
    6) Extra adults on the surf side corner (with one on the locker cover all the way at the end of the stern)
    7) 10.5mph

For surfing goofy, we run the same but 0.5 mph slower and the non-surf side at 0% (the non-surf side swim platform is literally out of the water). We ran this set up all day yesterday and it worked great. One of my sons is heading home this morning so I'll replace him with an extra 650lbs bag under the surfside seat . Good luck, and I hope you can dial it in and get some good sessions in for the 4th!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by North Woods Mobius View Post
    This^^^. My '14 LSV really needs to list to get us the best wave possible. With 2 teenagers + 2 adults surfing regular side we go with:
    1) Surf side 900lbs @ 100%
    2) Non-surf side 900lbs @ 50%
    3) IBS 500lbs @ 100%
    4) Suck gate all the way back just below the bevel of the hull OR Manual Flow Plate at #2
    5) Wake plate Down
    6) Extra adults on the surf side corner (with one on the locker cover all the way at the end of the stern)
    7) 10.5mph

For surfing goofy, we run the same but 0.5 mph slower and the non-surf side at 0% (the non-surf side swim platform is literally out of the water). We ran this set up all day yesterday and it worked great. One of my sons is heading home this morning so I'll replace him with an extra 650lbs bag under the surfside seat . Good luck, and I hope you can dial it in and get some good sessions in for the 4th!
    Mine is similar to this one... 1100 surf side full, non surf side 50%, Ibs 750 full, wake plate all the way down (never have much luck with it all the way up like many, and speed is at 11mph. Suck gate (I'm using nauticurl - it works well) and have it above bevel as far back as it goes. If I put it below bevel I find wave is not as good... Wave is pretty good - good enough for my 10 year old daughter to stick 360's now!!! Proud papa!!
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

Do you have the stock swim platform? If so, it could very likely be digging into the wave which actually makes the wave less clean and takes away push (in most of our opinions that have made custom ones) and obviously if the platform wasn't an issue, why would ALL the manufacturers have gone to the shape of surf platforms...

My platform is only as wide as the tie down loops and tapers in to match the contour of the wave coming off the rear corner of the hull. it also has a smooth bottom with no lip that digs into the wave.

contrast that to the OEM platform. Note, this was when I was building it before I rounded the corners of my surf platform to match the contour of the water coming off the hull. so you can see how much my OEM would be digging into the wave by looking at the above pic vs. this one.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com