Hybrid View

Here is how I would have worded the initial post - a lot less "I want this, I want that, it has to meet my schedule".

"If you are located in Al, Ga or SC, please indicate if you have any interest in participating in an owners "reunion" this summer.

If there is enough interest shown in having such an event, it is possible to have it sponsored by the local Skiers Choice Supra/Moomba dealer and Skiers Choice. We could possibly have a large, fun filled, one or two day event take place.

Past reunions such as this have had catered lunches, attended by Skiers Choice employees, owners raffles with awesome gifts given out to Supra/Moomba owners, and have been memorable events for all who have attended and shared the boating lifestyle with fellow Skiers Choice owners.

This is a brainstorming thread, so please state were you would like to have such an event held, and what dates would be best for you.

All suggestions are welcome."
    Last edited by Ed_Geary; 02-19-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Geary View Post
    owners raffles with awesome gifts given out to Supra/Moomba owners,
    a slippery slope that has been fraught with drama on this board before and have seen a similar example on the tige forums from the yearly lake mead reunion.

perhaps just a get together and if an outside source wants to fund a lunch/dinner or bring the latest/greatest boat would be welcome?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

after having been at the big events in Atlanta, Clermont and much smaller events on the Flint river, Lake Martin. Ill take the smaller drama free event any day of the week.

Don't think anyone wants to deal with seeing someone win a surfboard, rack, amp, prop, vest, Wake Kite and see it go up for sale a month later after begging venders for those gifts
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Don't think anyone wants to deal with seeing someone win a surfboard, rack, amp, prop, vest, Wake Kite and see it go up for sale a month later after begging venders for those gifts
    Didn't think of that. That would suck . . . anyone who put together something like this knows the time and effort that usually does not get appreciated.

Justin Burke (Skiers Choice Marketing Manager) replied to my request (2/11) for Skiers Choice to get involved with a get together. His response:

"Ed,

We would definitely consider getting involved on some level. Before we could commit to what level that is I would need some additional details on the event, timing, expected attendance as well as an idea of what you would be asking of us. That would get us a starting point and we could go from their. With other similar events our investments have typically ranged from product to a cash investment.

Could we get some of those details from you and move forward from there? Thanks"

I let him know that it was decided that there was no interest in another large reunion and that I would pass this info on to you guys - in case you wanted to follow up on it.
    Last edited by Ed_Geary; 02-22-2017 at 04:13 PM.

and probably oughta let him know it's there, not their.
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 02-22-2017 at 04:26 PM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Good catch!

Nope, I ain't gonna correct the guys wording. Never know when you may need him.

Texas guys should grab his offer for their reunion.
    Last edited by Ed_Geary; 02-22-2017 at 04:32 PM.

Default Idea? Great Southeastern Moomba/Supra Owners' Jam

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Geary View Post
    Here is how I would have worded the initial post - a lot less "I want this, I want that, it has to meet my schedule".

"If you are located in Al, Ga or SC, please indicate if you have any interest in participating in an owners "reunion" this summer.

If there is enough interest shown in having such an event, it is possible to have it sponsored by the local Skiers Choice Supra/Moomba dealer and Skiers Choice. We could possibly have a large, fun filled, one or two day event take place.

Past reunions such as this have had catered lunches, attended by Skiers Choice employees, owners raffles with awesome gifts given out to Supra/Moomba owners, and have been memorable events for all who have attended and shared the boating lifestyle with fellow Skiers Choice owners.

This is a brainstorming thread, so please state were you would like to have such an event held, and what dates would be best for you.

All suggestions are welcome."
    I am not currently an SC owner but it is very likely I will be in 18'. How about planning for summer 18'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are willing to help you guys out with any ideas and tips for your event. We are hosting our 7th annual event in Texas again and it's only grown larger and larger.

If you put something together, contact sponsors and vendors, they will be happy to donate and be part of something like this. This year we have 22 sponsors including Skiers Choice, two dealers in Texas, Hyperlite, Gatorstep, Boat Bling, FAE, Phase 5, Soulcraft Boards, Evolution Covers, etc etc. List goes on.

If you have any questions or need pointers, contact myself, David Langston or Dusty.

Good luck to you guys!!

Sounds like you guys really have it together!!
    2003 Outback Sold (went to Oklahoma)

2009 Outback V Sold (stayed in Florida)