Hybrid View

Similar to above, I use spotify and it's pretty simple to check the box on various playlists to have them available for offline play.

I used to use an andoid app that would allow me to search for a song and then pick one of the results and download it. For the life of me, I can't remember its name. I don't have it on my new phone. It was basically something that would torrent music and the songs you were downloading was of 'questionable legality'. So I'm pretty confident that's why it got pulled from the Google Play store and you had to search out and install the APK separately.

Now that I have spotify, I'm pretty happy with its ability to do offline play. In fact, I can have music saved on my laptop at home, then go into spotify and select some of those songs/directories for "local playback". Then I can create a playlist with those local songs, and in turn go to my phone and pull up that same playlist and select it as available for offline play. BAM. I've just taken music stored on my home laptop and made it available to play via spotify on my phone even when I don't have a data connection.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Similar to above, I use spotify and it's pretty simple to check the box on various playlists to have them available for offline play.

I used to use an andoid app that would allow me to search for a song and then pick one of the results and download it. For the life of me, I can't remember its name. I don't have it on my new phone. It was basically something that would torrent music and the songs you were downloading was of 'questionable legality'. So I'm pretty confident that's why it got pulled from the Google Play store and you had to search out and install the APK separately.happy mod

Now that I have spotify, I'm pretty happy with its ability to do offline play. In fact, I can have music saved on my laptop at home, then go into spotify and select some of those songs/directories for "local playback". Then I can create a playlist with those local songs, and in turn go to my phone and pull up that same playlist and select it as available for offline play. BAM. I've just taken music stored on my home laptop and made it available to play via spotify on my phone even when I don't have a data connection.
    same for me!