Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 2021 max

Quote Originally Posted by Precious Roy View Post
    So it sounds like if you would like to upgrade ballast in the future do not order the side storage in the back and the heater options. These will get in the way... is that a correct assumption? Not trying to hijack the thread... thanks
    Heater is fine. Skip the trays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was the conclusion there are 2 max rear side tray sizes.

The 2018 max trays that are about 18" deep that won't allow the wake makers ballast upgrade and the 2020 trays that are shallower that do allow you to put the wake makers bag under them.

Not having the trays and having the trays we use them all the time. It is pretty much the only storage left minus under the helm when all the bags are full.

I would be able to confirm one way or the other but the bags have been on back order for weeks now.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by htfit View Post
    I thought it was the conclusion there are 2 max rear side tray sizes.

The 2018 max trays that are about 18" deep that won't allow the wake makers ballast upgrade and the 2020 trays that are shallower that do allow you to put the wake makers bag under them.

Not having the trays and having the trays we use them all the time. It is pretty much the only storage left minus under the helm when all the bags are full.

I would be able to confirm one way or the other but the bags have been on back order for weeks now.

With the 1345 bags, no trays. According to Bryan and Wakemakers.

Remember: 2021 boats now have false floors in the side compartments.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    With the 1345 bags, no trays. According to Bryan and Wakemakers.

Seems like moomba made the trays shallower to accomidate them and then they make them larger. Which is good to have the extra weight but hopefully I can still buy the 1200lb bags.

- Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by htfit View Post
    Seems like moomba made the trays shallower to accomidate them and then they make them larger. Which is good to have the extra weight but hopefully I can still buy the 1200lb bags.

They’re shallower and do supposedly fit the 1200s if you have a set or can get some. But they also purportedly don’t make 1200s anymore. It’s all a bit hard to follow!

I was trying to determine how much taller they could be, and they assured me the 1345 sacks completely fill the compartment. Several people have showed me pics that say otherwise. I could not seem to get him to give me the dimensions to verify, but I believe the users obviously. I will sell the 1345s this winter and pursue the customs that fill it all the way to the top.

The trays are shallower now, and will accommodate the 1200s......but you have to order them as a custom set from China.....LOL JK I love all this confusion.
    2019' Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    The trays are shallower now, and will accommodate the 1200s......but you have to order them as a custom set from China.....LOL JK I love all this confusion.
    Agreed! It’s amusingly confusing. They SWORE the 1345s could not be any bigger. Then I see many pics showing 8” or more of headroom....I just gave up and ordered.

Got the email reply from Bryan regarding the confusing WM Max bags. Doesn’t really clear anything up or shed any additional light other than confirm suspicions the bags have evolved since their introduction. Not sure what he means by the ballast and lockers have changed each year. Anyways figured I’d share what he had to say even if it didn’t shed much light than knowing latest versions are 1345 lb. I wished we knew dimensions so I could verify what I have. I guess I could ask for dimensions from him but he may think I’m trying to reverse engineer their products lol. Could bring them up to work to fill and weigh them but that would be such a PITA.

Hi Michael,
    The Max upgrade went through a few changes in the first days of the design. Also to throw another wrench into the situation the Max lockers and ballast system changed every year for the Max boat. The overall capacity of this upgrade is 1,885 lbs per side. I will have the website updated. We update, build, design everything in house, and sometimes these details slip through the cracks when we update a product.

Product Manager, OEM/Dealer Sales
    Bryan
    Last edited by haknslash; 08-20-2020 at 01:55 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Got the email reply from Bryan regarding the confusing WM Max bags. Doesn’t really clear anything up or shed any additional light other than confirm suspicions the bags have evolved since their introduction. Not sure what he means by the ballast and lockers have changed each year. Anyways figured I’d share what he had to say even if it didn’t shed much light than knowing latest versions are 1345 lb. I wished we knew dimensions so I could verify what I have. I guess I could ask for dimensions from him but he may think I’m trying to reverse engineer their products lol. Could bring them up to work to fill and weigh them but that would be such a PITA.
    Looks a lot like the conversations I have had with him. Which got me nowhere, essentially. I will see soon where the 1345s end up. My boat is looking good! Should be set on it’s trailer today....I wish I could share pics! I am in love.