Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Water Strainer

OK well I am definetly sold on the water strainer. For those that have installed a water strainer yourself do you know if it voids out the warranty?

Default How do you know?

For those of us who are mechanically challenged, how would I know if my 07 LS direct drive has one? And if not, how do I install it?

Garn

First I don't think adding a device that can only help protect the engine would void the warranty. We ordered our LS with it already installed. Probably your best bet is to make sure you order the one that the factory uses.

Second,

If by chance your dealer installed one or you bought the boat used and it had it it is easy to see on the LS. It will be installed on the intake hose and will be clearly visable just behind the engine. The one we have has a large clear bowl with a screen inside of it. I am sure it can been seen on an LSV also as part of the reason to have this device is so you can unscrew the bowl and clean out the screen.

Third,
    It is an easy install, you cut the intake hose slip the unit between the cut ends and tighten down the 2 hose clamps that secure it to the unit. Just make sure you put it where you can access it easily.

On Skidim.com there are two different water strainers. The first is with a 1 inch and the second is for a 1.5 inch. Does anybody know which one I would need for my 09 XLV? I am picking the boat up in a week or so hopefully and wanted to get it ordered so I can put it on when I get the boat. Thanks in advance.

Lawdog look at the thread in the Mods section. I posted on this subject, you can get the identical strainer made by Hypro who makes the sherwood from McMaster-Carr for half the price. You just need to make sure and specify the 20 mesh screen.

Strainer thread
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Sled491 View Post
    Not Cheap, no never cheap....Thrifty
    I like frugal better.

Sled491 Guest

Frugal sounds like my inlaws