Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speedometer

Good catch Ed.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

so why did they include the insert? They should have included a roll of duct tape

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I had this same problem mid-season last year. I replaced the paddle wheel and still nothing. I was going to try and reset the perfect pass this year (she is in storage now) via some stuff i read on the web. My boat stays on a lift so towing wasn't an issue.

The guy who sold the paddle wheel (I went direct to the manufacturer b/c it is 1/2 the cost) said they do have a tendency to fail.

Regardless, if anyone has a solution to fix (not just avoid) this issue, I think you would be helping a lot of boat owners.

Ok, I figured it out. The plug took on water so I dried it out but it still didn't work. I noticed that one of the wires (the red one on the paddle wheel side of the plug) was loose and it pretty much fell out of the hole. The water that had entered through the plug corroded the wire to the point where it broke free. I cut the plug out and attached all of the wires with those little crimp connectors then ran heat shrink over them. I zip-tied the wire up so it won't get wet. Now it works like a charm. I would assume that this is the cause of the failure for others as well.