Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

c.rix, what do you mean by "bad prop wash"? I haven't heard the term before so was just wondering.

Damn.

$6200 total repair bill. Prop, prop shaft, rubber, hangar, strut, gel coat repair, wakeplate and labor..

Wow. I was not expecting that at ALL. I had this thing PEGGED at $3500. Shows how much I know.

Thank goodness for insurance at this point. It's going to cost me $500. It's unfortunate because I've been with American Family for 14 years and I'm sure with just one claim my premium will go up. I've given them SO much money but they'll hose me and I'll end up paying for this in the long run.

The boat will be done in 2 weeks. Which is good as I will be able to ride behind my own boat still this year.

I guess I'll just keep the boat on my home lake from now on where I know what's what and where's where.
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

American Family is more a Car insurance company no? I use American Boaters i think it is. Seperate from my Car and Home insurance of Allstate jsut incase there is an issue it wont effect all my premiums.

I only pay 400 a year for a 40K policy and its the value of the loan or the value of the boat. Which ever is greater at time of accident if its a total. Pretty sweet policy i think.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I have American Family...They insure most anything. The more policies(ie...house, cars, boat, cycles, etc) you have with a company, the more discounts you can typically get.
    2008 Mobius LSV Blue and Black.

Jeff, just saw this post, at least a couple people have hit that rock including a couple of guys that live on Prior and claim to have boated in that spot for years. The lakes are super low this year and we've seen more underwater damage than ever.

The guys at MNinboard are a class act, they'll get you taken care of. FWIW the quote sounds good too, glass work is time consuming and definitely a skilled labor. We've (MWMC) had a glass job in excess of 15K this year (hit rock do hard split through to the inside!!!)

Hope you're back on the water soon!

Default from good to bad

I'm sure we've all had the same pain. I've gone through two props in 4 years. Last time I bought an acme prop. 1" smaller with deeper pitch. I love it. I gained alot more in perfomance, holeshot, and believe it or not, gas mileage. The only thing I lost was about 5 mph on the top end. But hey, do you really need to bury the throttle every time to squeeze out the extra mph's?
    desert wake 360