Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sled491 Guest

501, looks like Rick took care of you, but to be honest I would have called PP direct. They are a Canadian Co. and from what I've heard are familiar with there own problems and are usually quick to send out solutions.

FYI, the issues have not been dealt with "yet", they are still in the process.

Sled491, I also replaced my PP module myself 3 times with units shipped to me directly from PP. After 3 modules, I got kind of fed up. They "claimed" that the units were going because of Moomba's high volatge starters (whish is true) and I asked "why not put a Voltage Regulator" on the PP board but they told me directly that it was a different issue. Out of curiosity I opened up the modules and guess what i found.... a voltage regulator soldered to the board to fix the problem.

I've considered upgrading to Stargazer but it seems like there should be no need to upgrade on a NEw boat so I am just living with the issues for now.

Smile

I went through 2 units and now so far so good. Good luck. I had mine crap out on me last yr on holidays at the lake and PP sent both by rush courier to were i was at . That i thought was pretty good service. Hopefully yours works out as well.

Sled491 Guest

501, man I sorry for your grief. I know it's getting to the end of the season and you don't want to go out like this. I hope all works out.

I agree, 1 of their email addresses bounces back and the other gets no response.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

FYI, after the call from S.C., I was told they would call me within a day to let me know if they could send me the one part I need for my tower that is defective. That was like 2 weeks ago and still no response.

I'm also suppossed to deal with Martin now on warranty issues after the boat is out of warranty since Mobius marine went under. With so little time left this season I'm not to excited about leaving my boat 200km away for repairs I can do in 20 minutes.

I guess as this topic is open for discussion, ill put in my own experience as well...

I bought my Mobius LS brand new in 2005, and had some warranty issues that were required to be looked at for warranty repair. Firstly, i had a small (< 0.5") crack in my observer's seat that appeared about less than a year after picking up the boat, and after complaining to my dealer, which chose not to do anything but to put some silicone on it, which looks even worse now imo, i then emailed SC which i got no response back. I then decided to call customer service directly at SC, and spoke with a gentleman who researched a little more into the matter for me, and who then decided to get me a new seat, which i was thrilled about. After awaiting 3 weeks from the last time we spoke, thinking the package might have been on back order, i found out that, the person no longer worked there, and had the job only as a "summer job". A big dissapointment! I now regret to say that i still have the same seat with the same crack, and no response or help from anyone.

It's not about a seat that maybe costs a couple hundred dollars, its all about the principle, and the appreciation for customers imo.

hey rick,
    i just bought an 09 OBV. love the boat. have had some warranty issues, but my dealer was on top of it.

how about one of those welcome packages? never received one. how do i go about getting one?
    '09 OBV

Yeah, I have had my brand new boat for almost a year, no welcome package here either

Quote Originally Posted by fastlx View Post
    Yeah, I have had my brand new boat for almost a year, no welcome package here either
    I didn't get one either. I even ran into a SC rep @ the Tampa boat show last year, and he took my info to send one to me. I still haven't received one.