Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tazz3069

Tazz,
    I just got my vented loops and I am thinking not to go through the trouble of even installing them and just sending them back.
    I thought that these things were a sure thing.
    What kind of scoops do you have? Why would it matter? I thought it would take a huge amount of pressure to overcome these things.
    Were these things actually tested before being endosed by the seller?
    Although not as extensive as your setup, I too plumbed for direct filling and by reading your posts it is looking more and more like the home depot valves are going back in, They may be slow but they have been proven to work.

Tazz, did you try grinding the scoop's off 1st, I still think you are on the right path. Trial and error can be so fun
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default My experience with vented loops and Irritol valves

Well, these are my observations:

1. Irritrol valves - they worked great for me. The are a very significant improvement over the stock valves while keeping the bags from filling when not in use. Currently, I am running my BIS and center locker with these valves.
    2. Vented loops - while I did notice a significant decrease in the filling rate over a straight (no valve) connection when the pumps are off and filling was not desired, they still let water through. I think that in the course of 20 minutes or so, the amount of water was significant enough to turn on the drain pump. Not good enough for me. I had one of the rear lockers hooked up to the vented loop and the other one was a straight connection to the pump. Each bag had its own pump (Tsunami 800).

I am now decided to do an all Irritol (the 3/4 inch type) set up. Fortunately when I did my upgrade (went from a gravity I to IV) I run all the plumbing and electrical for the extra valves in case the vented loop thing did not work out.
    I hope that helps you guys.
    Last edited by gf5300; 07-20-2009 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gf5300 View Post
    1. Irritol valves - they worked great for me. .

gf5300, can you tell me more about these valves and where you picked them up from. I think you are the 2nd person to mention them and I may still change my filling setup.

thanks
    Stacy
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Here is the link to the specs:
    http://www.irritrol.com/valves/valves_700s.html

Here is the pdf:
    http://www.irritrol.com/pdf/sellsheet_700.pdf

You can google shop them. Plenty of vendors out there.
    I think it was JesseC who found them and did some home testing on them with actual comparisions between the Irritrols, stock valves and direct pump to bag connections.
    You can probably search his posts to read his findings.
    I used the 3/4 inch model. I think somebody used the 1 inch model and did not prevent backflow.
    I am pretty satisfied with the results. Other that using these valves, I will quit trying to reinvent the wheel.
    Hope that helps.
    Here is a vendor link:
    http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Pr...ode=IR-700B-75
    Last edited by gf5300; 07-20-2009 at 01:11 PM.

I have not been home to grind off the scuppers. I am waiting for my thru hull fittings to come in. I have been in San Diego for a few days in training for my new solar business. The fittings should be in soon. I hope to work on it this weekend. If this does not work, then i will have to go back to the old way with the valves. I just might go with the irritol valves also. Really not sure what I want to do just yet. Yes it is fun to tinker with the boat. I just do not like the money that I am putting in to it to do all these test. Funny thing is, I am probably going to sell the boat at the end of the season to get another one. Maybe a Supra 24SSV or the 22SSV. Not sure yet.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Well it has been about 3 weeks now and still no thru hull fitting from www.wakemakers.com I kind of think these guys are a little over their heads with this business. I have order a few things from them and got nothing but excuses on why the parts are not there. Well they did it again. I talked with Jason a few weeks ago and told him my problem with the vented loops. I also told him that I had the scuppers. He told me that he would send out 3 new 1" thru Hull fittings to replace the scuppers. As I expected, no parts have arrived. I am just going to grind them off as another member did here. He has, almost, the same setup as I do. He grinded off the scuppers and said everything works perfect. I can not wait anymore. Off to the grinding wheel I go.
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings

Hate to say it but i also have not had the best response from wakemakers--sent them a email and no reply, possible tho that its some kind of email block here at work.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

I do not think it is your work computer. I have sent them emails and left messages from my home computer. I also have not received any call back nor response.

Well then glad to know its just not me. Bummer as they could get a lot of business from here i think.
    Last edited by moombadaze; 08-04-2009 at 08:27 PM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold