Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The same reason a single axle trailer is easier to maneuver is also why they tend to sway more why towing. 4 wheels resist turning more than 2 wheels. Small adjustments at the steering wheel will translate into more "trailer sway" with a single axle.

Single axles are fine. They certainly have their advantages. But disadvantages as well.

kelsey,

I towed a single axle MasterCraft for 22 years and our new Moomba LS for over 1200 miles and haven't experienced what you are talking about?? Maybe a tow vehicle with a short wheelbase might be more likely to cause such a problem. Now I did jerk the steering wheel while towing my tandem axle boat on a 4 lane highway to get out of the way of a hauling azz fire truck once; and ...............I am still sweating when I think about it, it started swaying back and forth and the only way I was able to stop it was to actually give the truck full throttle to pull out of that weird sin wave thing going on behind me! I think there are always cases and situations that one can get into but I wouldn't try to talk the man who doesn't plan to tow that much into spending a 1000 bucks that he could use on chicken wings.

Sorry Zegm, didn't mean to offend your trailer (s).

I agree, if you are not planning on towing often a single axle is fine, and has it's advantages. You may not personally have issues with trailer swaying..... great.

However, it is well documented that single axles have more sway. Do a google search on "single vs double axle trailers".

Sled491 Guest

Man Z you have all the fun these days. If single axle trailers sway that much and are that dangerous they would be banned. I pulled a 40 ft race hauler every winter for over 20k miles every winter while racing (see pic of trialer in my albums). Trust me you can get a tandem axle to sway.

I'm with Z, 1000 bucks can buy a lot of chiken wings. Z do you prefer hot or mild? How bout you Kelsey? Between Z and I and our single axle trailers we have plenty of money to treat. I'll get the 1st pitcher!

kelsey,

you didn't offend me! I just wanted people to know they are NOT that sensitive. And like Sled mentioned any trailer can get away from you and so far only my tandem has scared me.

Now you need to join us a an owl place for some wings and if we get lucky we will have DF join us!

I like my wings like my women....big, fat, n spicy

MrsZ Guest

You know, the very first time I looked at this BB y'all were talking about chicken wings n stuff.

Now I love good hot wings but the Owl Place here is just sub standard. You other guys in this general area need to tell me where the good wings are....And I am not talking about the view. I am not anti-view. A view is OK, as long as the wings are excellent.

Sled491 Guest

OK, I'm not on this big bootylicious train. Owl place wings are sub par I agree, but these days it's so hard to find a common place to meet.

I think just about the best wings from a chain that I have had consistantly around the country are "Famous Daves". I have guys on my crew that would eat them every day for lunch if every one could stand it!

Hey guys thanks. I believe we'll hold on to the single.