Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default A few pics of me wakeboarding...

This is my second year riding a wakeboard, first year taking it seriously. I started out last year using my buddies generic board (velcro bindings!) behind his 23' Yamaha jet boat. Needless to say I wasn't getting very complex with that combo.

Since we picked up the Outback my skill level has been progressing at an exponential rate. This weekend I mastered riding switch, and flipping back and forth, and I also started to get a little more agressive with my 'jumping'. Unfortunately no pics of me airbound, at least not yet...

Switchin it up!
    Attached Images Attached Images

A few more;

how do yall post the big pictures?? The cwb platitum is a great board, 134 right? Congrats on the progression and the Outback. 2 weekends ago I started switch TS w2w and add a 180 to it this past weekend. My current push is a Backroll and a Tantrum, I'm so close but it hurts me in ways that make me too cautious. 3 weekends back I had a Pro come to the house for a lesson and thats made all the difference in the world.
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic View Post
    how do yall post the big pictures?? The cwb platitum is a great board, 134 right? Congrats on the progression and the Outback. 2 weekends ago I started switch TS w2w and add a 180 to it this past weekend. My current push is a Backroll and a Tantrum, I'm so close but it hurts me in ways that make me too cautious. 3 weekends back I had a Pro come to the house for a lesson and thats made all the difference in the world.
    I absolutely love my board & bindings, very comfortable.

Regarding posting pictures, see this thread:
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=5629

I've been progressing in my riding!

Here are a few pics of me 'airborne' from the other night. I need to work on my form, as shown by the pictures, but I figure not too bad for only catching air for a couple of weeks now.

I've also gotten pretty good at surface 360's, and even 1 wake 180s. I'm having a little trouble clearing the second wake still, I get about 75% across. Ballast full, 18-19 mph, 75 feet off.

Arms are way too high, and my board is at a goofy angle; I think I level off more as I crossed over the wake, this was definately snapped on the ascent.

I like this one, inspite of my bad body position;

Another weird body position; bending my legs trying to clear the second wake; didn't work, haha.

These are the first good pics I've seen of my jumping the wake, its kinda cool to be able to critique myself; hopefully it will help bring my technique up.

Pics were taken by my dad with his Nikon D70 d-slr.
    2013 Outback V

Ian,

Isn't this stuff so addicting? Looks like you have some good water where you are. Just my 2 cents, about 3 years ago i owned an outback and just could not go wake to wake, I just kept casing the second wake. I shortened my rope to 70ft and bumped up my speed to 22.5 MPH and cleared the wake first try. Keep doing what you are doing and have fun.

AT that speed shorten the rope to 65 or 70

Very nice pictures. I hope, with practice, I can do those things. Keep up the good work.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

MrsZ Guest

Awesome Ian! I just started too. But all I can do is switch. Riding with that right foot in front is bizarre! At the MOST, I can only get 3/4 across... and that is not switched. Keep us informed. Great pictures too!

Very cool, you look like you are progressing quick. I just wish I started wakeboarding when I was younger, I started when I was 36 and I'm 38 now. My goal is to be able to pull a backroll before I turn 40. Going from a 17.5' bayliner to our Outback V was a big boost. The first time out boarding I hit the wake, shot straight up, looked in the back of the boat and saw all three of my kids wide eyed and open mouthed (Didn't land that one). I have since learned how to set the wakeplate. Here are a few gabs from a video.

McMoomba