Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

BLKOUTLS, for what it's worth WRT dSLRs, you can't go wrong with any of the Nikons/Canons these days, just depends on what you want to spend and what features you want. If I was pinching pennies and wanted a new dSLR, I would get the Canon Rebel (either XTi or Xsi). Just be warned, the camera is only the beginning in terms of purchases, once you get and realize the kit lens isn't cutting it...well, lets just say you can easily sink a couple grand in a few lenses without blinking an eye.

Talking

helix and why should it be different from boating, the Moomba is just a drop in the bucket to all the associated toys for it. thanks for the info
    CS

Sled491 Guest

Blkoutls , Amen to that,,THe Nikon D40 is a good package, for aroud 7 hun you can get body and 2 lenses

BLKOUTLS - In November of 2004 we bought a Nikon D70 body and: an AF 70-300 mm zoom lense, AF-S DX ED 18-70 zoom lense, 2X DG teleconverter, two batteries, and two 512 mb storage cards. I think we have taken about 15,000 images. It's easy and fast to download direct from the camera to our iMac G5 using the iPhoto software. My favorite of the two lenses is the 18-70 mm. It produces a better image in low light than does the 70-300 mm lense. I took a class to better understand the camera and have studied some of the 200+ page owner's manual. Some of this is way over my head so I pretty much stick to the auto functions offered by the camera. I gotta hear or do stuff a lot of times for it to make sense and sink in. We really like this camera. Takes great pictures and never had a problem with it. I don't know iof

(keyboard failure)

I don't know the answer to Mrs. Z's question about Nikon slr lenses working on a digital slr body. That would be great of they did. No need to replace what you already own. Just upgrade to the convenience of a digital body. - Deerfield
    Last edited by deerfield; 07-19-2008 at 10:01 PM.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

sled , deerfield thanks for the info I quess its break out another thousand for a camera or close to it. I have seen water and action pics with the DSLRs and there really is no comparison and the better half is always a great sport when it comes to buying all the boat,watertoys and assorted goodies. Time to save the toy fund for her.
    CS

Smile

blkoutls,

WE love our Nikon d50 after reading all the reviews, this is the one that seems to fare better in the magazines. will cost abot 799.00 with one lense, some combo packs available, just make sure you buy with the nikon usa warranty, not the japanese one. The addditional lenses are expensive we did add one 70-200mm

Circut city and best buy as well

J&r music world has great pricing www.jr.com
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

OK I spent some time on the Nikon site and found this information for anyone who has an older non-Digital SLR and would like to use their old lenses with a Digital SLR

http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin...i=&p_topview=1

If you don't want to visit this link, it basically says the consumer cameras the D80/70/60/50/40 series can use some but not all of the old lenses, but you will have light meter issues. The higher end Nikons D300/200/D3/D2/D1 can use most of the old lenses and have light meters. But you are looking at 1000 dollar differences between the 2 groups. So if you don't have 1000 dollars of lenses it is not worth the effort and you should just start over with New DSLR lenses.

zegm - This is good information. I searched the Nikon web site over the weekend to no avail. Thanks for the extra effort. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles