Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How many batteries do you have?
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

I have 2 batteries, 2008 ls

Are the amps and only the amps wired to the second batery?
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

I picked up an set of RCA's with a noise filter (Ground Loop isoltaor) for $19.99 at The Source today. Cleared up the alternator whine and the noise from the leds. Very simple fix. Easy to install too.

Other accessories are also hooked up to the second battery.
    Where did you put the ground loops right before each amp?
    I'll give those a try. I'm going back home for 2 weeks, I'll pick a couple up
    and try them when I come back.
    Thanks
    kipp

When I upgraded the stereo in my boat it had the whine also. I found the ground wire for the headunit ran all the way around the bow and into the distribution center under the drivers compartment. I had a ground distibution block at my amps with an open hole so I ran a new ground from it to the head unit and it cured 99% of the noise. I tried the isolator and it didn't touch it, I've never put it back to see if it would help with that last little bit. Boats are a little more touchy about ground issues than cars because the ground wires have to run so much farther to get to ground, the longer the ground wire=alot more interference in the systems. It's just a fact of life in the boat world, 99% of boats out there will never notice it since they don't really modify the existing system when they get it. All the ski boats I've been on have some stereo whine to one extent or another.

Thanks RBC.
    I just ran a ground from the deck case to the battery and the fuel pump whine was removed. Still have a little alternator noise in the background. It appears that the head unit power is the red yellow & black wires that connect to a wiring harness, should I take my new ground directly to the black wire? If I do should I just splice in or should I disconnect the old ground thus shortening the ground path.
    Kipp

If your going to change it you'll want to take it out of the rest of the circuit completely. if you just splice it in you will still have the rest of the wire getting interference to deal with. But if the noise went away by grounding the case I would let it ride, mine still has the slight alt whine, but you can only hear it while idling in between songs.