Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jixxxer View Post
    Lafayette, La.
    I was down there this past weekend. Where do yall ride. Vermillion River? Vermillion Bay? My wife and I were wondering where people went. She grew up south of you just a bit and learned to kneeboard in canals.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

Quote Originally Posted by SEARK View Post
    I was down there this past weekend. Where do yall ride. Vermillion River? Vermillion Bay? My wife and I were wondering where people went. She grew up south of you just a bit and learned to kneeboard in canals.

LOL! I lived in Louisiana for about 10 years (B.R. for 5 and N. O. for 5). I learned to waterski on the Pearl behind a flat boat with a 50 hp Evinrude! Those were the days!
    2007 LSV - All red
    Wetsounds PRO 80's WS420 Eq
    Acme 1433

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTigers View Post
    LOL! I lived in Louisiana for about 10 years (B.R. for 5 and N. O. for 5). I learned to waterski on the Pearl behind a flat boat with a 50 hp Evinrude! Those were the days!

I think that is about what she learned behind too.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

Talking

OK I thought Ed said Florida boat no rust because we do have salt here. More than any Yankee state can image!!!! You can take a bucket and get it from the Atlantic or Gulf of Mexico. When I sold the MasterCraft this past spring I had to make sure I said "Never been in SALT water" because.........................I live in Florida!!!

Jixxer,
    Look at onlyinboards.com; ebay.com; boattrader.com; wakeworld.com classifieds as well.
    Be willing to drive a little and you'll find what you want.
    I drove to 8 hrs to get my first boat and met a guy 5 hrs away to get 2nd.

There are tons for sale now.. Check with Midway Marine in Shreveport, Gus Campbell in Monroe.. they may have some trades they want to move.

also, look on www.dallasboats4sale.com There are options in this economy!
    Closed bow boats are fine, but you'll probably wish you had the seating up front at some point if you carry more than 3 people.

Good luck..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Cool

Shannon, I sent Ben Lee (Midway Marine, Shreveport) an email regarding used boats. I haven't heard back from him yet, but will let you know when I do. I should be talking with either Gus or Lee from Gus Campbell Watersports today or tomorrow about an unrelated topic (MLR) and will see if they have anything you may be interested in. I'm also keeping my eye open in the Monroe area for anything that comes along.
    www.louisianawakeboarding.com

2004 LSV
    Perfect Pass, Integrated ballast (front, rear, middle), Wake Plate, Tower mounted bimini, Swivel board racks, Surf board rack, Tower mounted mirror, Keel guard, 4 tower speakers, 12" sub, 2 amps, transom remote, Bow filler cushion, and the list continues to grow.

A Prostar 190 is a very good ski boat but limited seating. I enjoy the wake that it puts out but even with three people it becomes a juggling act to get around. I priced the 1999 Outback and guessed on some options and got around $18K for resale but I'm sure it varies in different parts of the country but boats sell here for top dollar. No rust here either since we have no moisture except the lakes and rivers. We won't see rain again until mid-September or October.

Well does anyone here actually own a 99 outback? just curious, what about them are "bad", isnt a motor a motor shouldnt have anythig to do with the boat makers should it?? I do trust yall opinions just finally found something close by that looked nice.
    Ken, the outback I "was" looking at was in jonesboro, isnt that in your neck of the woods?

I have a 98 which is basically the same thing. The way I feel is the person needs to correct the problem or greatly discount the boat and the buyer assumes the risk. I would say the electronic box could be the problem as I've seen other posts on the issue. Those are deals I try to find. Offer a price that you can get a steal and convince them that you would have to go through all the wiring in the boat to find out what caused the module failure if that is what had failed and you are basically buying a broken boat.

Default For sale

I am selling my 00' Outback see classifieds. Mint boat