Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

I have found a potential hurdle in my board rack plan….

While the pin will drop in to hold the rack in that ‘middle’ position, it will not fully drop in and ‘lock’ in place without some additional modifications…

In the photo you can see on the upper portion where it has an additional slot that allows the pin to full drop…. I will examine further but I think the plan will require more machining to have it fully drop into place….

I may (at this point) cut my losses and move onto just installing the new board racks, finish up the engine panels (very necessary) and then jump into the new horn (Hornblasters Sniper) install…. Followed by the new flag pole holders and sunshade…. Yes, I know… I tend to always have a few projects on the go….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2022 Makai
    Fire Red - Pecan ChillTech - Woodgrain Gatorstep - 5% tint
    400 - 1.76 - Acme 3409 16x13 prop (15.5x15 Altitude/Wake spare) prop
    Ballast Mods: (aka TINRFD): 1000lb of lead and +700lb WM Bags (500lbs of more lead coming soon)

That's sort of an odd design.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    That's sort of an odd design.

I agree…. Likely specifically designed to prevent us from doing what I wanted to do….. not that I am a tin foil hat wearer or anything lol
    2022 Makai
    Ballast Mods: (aka TINRFD): 1000lb of lead and +700lb WM Bags (500lbs of more lead coming soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Dukabor View Post
    I agree…. Likely specifically designed to prevent us from doing what I wanted to do….. not that I am a tin foil hat wearer or anything lol
    That's why I sold my mag swivels and used the basic Si 3 position swivel. You could always upgrade to PRM racks!
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by Dukabor View Post
    and then jump into the new horn (Hornblasters Sniper) install….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Be interested to see what you do on this one. I’ve been thinking about taking the horn apart and just leaving the cover on the outside then mounting a single air horn behind the hull to blow thru the factory hole. Factory horn isn’t loud enough for anyone to even hear it and sounds terrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Makai

Quote Originally Posted by RUGER761 View Post
    Be interested to see what you do on this one. I’ve been thinking about taking the horn apart and just leaving the cover on the outside then mounting a single air horn behind the hull to blow thru the factory hole. Factory horn isn’t loud enough for anyone to even hear it and sounds terrible

I have the same issues with the stock horn as you do…. If it was ever truly needed as a warning signal it would simply not suffice…. And bot the sound of it makes me feel like I want to crawl under the helm ha ha

https://hornblasters.com/en-ca/produ...-electric-horn

Thats the link to the sniper and you can get a sound demo, and the plan is to mount in the stock location, remove the stock horn and leave the cover on as you stated, though it may be a pain to get to…. My dealer tells me the horn gets direct power and does not run through the PDM, so hopefully I will get enough power suppled to just use the existing wires and stock horn button….

The sniper is pretty compact (see pic for reference and I feel it will fit there, if not, my secondary location is under the helm, in either spot it should be able to use the hull to deepen the tone a little and be able to truly serve its purpose as a warning….. a warning that the party has arrived !!

IMG_6504.jpg
    2022 Makai

Yep that’s pretty much the horn I was thinking of. I put one on my truck a year ago (works very well towing our toy hauler) and actually have a 2nd sitting on the shelf in the box as the zon messed up and sent me 2. Just haven’t taken the time to dive into it yet.

2021 Makai

I've been dreaming of this upgrade as well. I'm embarrassed to hit my horn as my FIL made fun of it on the 4th of July and the family loves to tell the story.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cucv View Post
    I've been dreaming of this upgrade as well. I'm embarrassed to hit my horn as my FIL made fun of it on the 4th of July and the family loves to tell the story.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    This is good for me to hear I’m not the only one who feels that way about the stock horn….. I feel like this is a support group for that…. I will post pics of the journey along the way to recovery from horn inadequacy !!
    2022 Makai

The horn conversation is funny! When we first demoed and bought our Moomba, my wife said that sure is a wimpy horn for such a big boat, and the salesman actually got sort of offended by it. But it is true, that factory horn sounds like something on a moped.

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub