Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you are a picky surfer, pick the wave that suits you. They are different feels and I know peeps that stand by both sides.

Otherwise for my surf and wake skills: 2022 Supra and that warranty.

If you are not keeping it long, “something different” would be cool to own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

I would think a 2022 SL would be about same price as 2019G. The New SL is where I would spend money!

2017 Supra SA

I’m a long-time lurker and in the market to upgrade from my 2005 Malibu VLX. I wanted to revive this old thread because I’m looking at these exact 2 boats along with maybe a 2019 SA 400. Opportunities to demo are very limited where I am. The G23 isn’t too far away, but it’s not technically for sale yet so not sure when I can get behind that one. The SAs are a good 6 hr drive, so I’d like to be pretty sure I’m getting one before I make that drive and demo.

I’m mostly interested in hearing more about the surf waves between the 2. I have a very shallow dock, so the 26” draft of the pre-2021 G23 is ideal, but I think I could get away with the 28” of the Supras. My trips are usually short and leave from the dock with a small crew, so storage and seating aren’t huge considerations. Both boats seem more than adequate for me from the fit & finish standpoint. Maybe a little nicer interior on the G23, but maybe a few more features like LED speakers and 6 ballast pumps on the Supra.

I’ve seen mixed reviews on surf wave of the pre-2021 G23 vs the SA, so just looking for some more input from those that have surfed both. I would appreciate any additional impressions/comparisons on the wave length / height / push. Also, the 2019 SA has the newer dash & screens, but not the sub-floor ballast. Any input on the wave difference there being worth the additional $20K? Thanks so much in advance!

Both are killer boats! Having an 18 SA and have been on many 19s and up, it is hard to go wrong with the SA. I have also been on quite a few G's, great boats and your thoughts on them are pretty spot on. The SA and G wake for wakeboarding are 1 and 1A. Ask the pros to be honest and you'll get about half and half to each. Surf wave, the SA is better. It has more adjustability and easier to dial in. You can ride the Supra wake from pretty far back. The G wave is pure slam you into the back of the boat power. It is steep and very close to the boat. For me to ride the same length back, we have to be going 12.5 or more, compared to 11 or so. The sub floor ballast is great in the 20 and up. Having mine at our dock, I don't really need it, but when on others, am always amazed at how much room they have. So really it comes down to what you want to do and how you want to use the boat. The G is 2-1 v drive ratio, Supra went to the 1.7 in 2020. The 1.5 in the 19 is good with a 15x12.5 or 15x13 prop. Late 19 450s got the 1.7, something to ask about if looking at a 450.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Never been on a G boat but owned a Gen2 SA and currently in a Gen3 SA

The SA as mentioned already puts out insane surf and wakeboard wakes and super easy and forgiving to set up a massive wake. I don't even use auto wake anymore, 9-9.5 pitch and roll is whatever and the surf wave is huge and the pocket is long.

Biggest difference is the storage as mentioned, I will say the gen2 required some added front ballast with a light crew where the gen3 doesn't.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan