Default LED light location- Max

Curious where folks are mounting/sticking their LED light strips…specifically in the area in the pictures below. You can see the plastic interior piece only goes up so far- Are people sticking the LED strips along the top of that plastic interior piece? Or going up inside and mounting to the fiberglass?

My concern mounting along the top of the plastic piece is the LED strips will be somewhat exposed..

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Max

I mounted led strips long that top plastic piece and would do it there again. I used a black background LED strip and honestly know one ever noticed it unless I pointed it out. I feel like you get more light by putting it there versus up in the fiberglass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mount it to the backside of the combing pad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmac View Post
    I mounted led strips long that top plastic piece and would do it there again. I used a black background LED strip and honestly know one ever noticed it unless I pointed it out. I feel like you get more light by putting it there versus up in the fiberglass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unless you look up from the floor level you can’t really see the top of the black plastic, so this should be ok. Thanks for the feedback..
    2021 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Mount it to the backside of the combing pad.
    Is this where you mounted yours? I feel like the LED strips might not stay stuck to the fiberglass..thoughts?
    2021 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
    Is this where you mounted yours? I feel like the LED strips might not stay stuck to the fiberglass..thoughts?
    Ive done MANY like I suggested but ive never relied on the thin adhesive backing to secure the strip. Zip ties with an anchor hole and a #6 x 1/2 SS wood screw.

I secured mine out of sight along the wire loom and other things you can zip tie the strips to.

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold