Default Installing Tower Speakers on '18 without Prewiring

My 2018 Craz (which we purchased used 2 years ago) was ordered with the basic stereo: Fusion MS-RA70n direct wired to 4 speakers in the cabin (none in the bow). No sub, no amp.

I am looking at installing tower speakers, a budget sub (just for a little bass, not to shake off the bolts) and a 6-channel amp.

As far as I can tell the tower is not prewired for speakers. There are 6 plugs with wires attached to them in the tower (3 port, 3 stbd). They have light blue and black wires.

I've seen this diagram but it doesn't quite match my tower.

So my questions are: Has anyone done this and made a great 20-minute detailed step-by-step video that I just can't find?

But seriously, can I use those light cables for tower speakers by toning them out and finding where they go, or even give up on them and use them to pull new tower speaker cable?

And I've read some recommendations about NOT mounting tower speakers in the stock head-smacking spots and instead mounting "outside" (above or to the side of) the tower, but won't they get roped when strong wakeboarders edge out hard?

And finally, if I'm wrong and those blue and black wires ARE prewired for speakers, is there a diagram somewhere that pertains to my boat?

Thanks-

This was the closest I have seen to running tower wires on a Moomba….. starts around the 27 minute mark but there is likely lots of good info in there…

https://youtu.be/vFrBKrwLZh0?si=ILeBPMlgASsPa1F7

I have not had any issues with head smacking…. Not just because I am shorter, I think its a personal preference thing on location, but inside the tower is less of a chance of hitting something when towing for me, if a boarder is so far outside to get caught up in speakers they are likely in the board racks as well

Sorry cant help on wiring colors !
    2022 Makai
    Fire Red - Pecan ChillTech - Woodgrain Gatorstep
    400 - 1.76 - 15.5x15 prop (16x13 Acme 3409 installed for testing)
    Ballast Mods (aka TINRFD): 1000lb of lead and +700lb WM Bags (500lbs of more lead coming soon)

I wired my tower on my 16 mondo. Took it apart at the top and fished a puece of mechanics wire down from the top and then pulled wire back up tower arm from port side. It tookva couple of hours to do both pulls of wire for the speakers but was not terribly difficult. It does take some patience to get wire fished thru there but it can be done.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    I wired my tower on my 16 mondo. Took it apart at the top and fished a puece of mechanics wire down from the top and then pulled wire back up tower arm from port side. It tookva couple of hours to do both pulls of wire for the speakers but was not terribly difficult. It does take some patience to get wire fished thru there but it can be done.
    That was a great takeaway I had from the video was the taking apart of the tower in the middle…. I am looking to move my Sat Radio antenna to the top of the nav light utilizing that!
    2022 Makai
    Fire Red - Pecan ChillTech - Woodgrain Gatorstep
    400 - 1.76 - 15.5x15 prop (16x13 Acme 3409 installed for testing)
    Ballast Mods (aka TINRFD): 1000lb of lead and +700lb WM Bags (500lbs of more lead coming soon)