How many people are on your boat? If it’s not a decent sized crew then I’m going to suggest you not use Autowake as you won’t be able to hit the target values of the system. Rather fill the boat full with all ballast to get as much displacement of the hull down into the water.

Do you have stock bags or upgrade WakeMakers? That will make a huge difference. Most Max owners typically end up upgrading to the larger WakeMakers bags to help sink the big ole Max down in the water, especially if you aren’t with a big crew. The Max is rated for 17 people and if you don’t have half of those people the you will want WakeMakers bags and maybe some lead. I run WakeMakers and 500 lbs of lead in mine and the wave is pretty dialed in for just two people onboard.

You adjust your surf plates in the menu in the screen. I’m not sure which size screen you have though. I have the smaller one with buttons underneath it that control the settings in each menu. With Autowake you don’t have control of the tabs, that will be determined off what the software thinks you need based on your pitch and roll Autowake settings. Again, I don’t rely on Autowake since I find it not that useful for a light crew boat.

You don’t need Autowake to make a nice and consistent wave on a Max….