Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    I wouldn't get hung up on a pickle fork style. Look at the width and length of the bow seating. MOOMBA IS A WIDE bow area without having a pickle fork look.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Yeah it's not really about the look, we just really like the space in the picklefork bow vs a standard bow, we are coming from a Tahoe deck boat so space in the front is a big priority.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I completely understand that. It was important to us too. I think when pickle fork styles started, it was to expand the width of the bows. Manufacturers are also making the width without the picklefork look too. Much like the Tahoe and other Deck style boats do. That was really my point. It just depends on which mfg you go with.

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by llack64 View Post
    The issue with waiting is that since there is only two makai build slots left, one for January/February and one for July we would be ordering a 2023 and it most likely wouldn't show up till the end of summer and living in Minnesota we get 3 months for boating.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    ya, we lived in green bay for 4 years boating on the fox so get the short season. we rode from may to sept until everyone swapped from boardshorts to camo

it would all depend on the deal whether or not we would wait. if you are paying msrp, no discounts AND several grand in dealer fees on top, for us playing the waiting game would be in our cards. unless ordering the exact boat with exact options is important, for us we have owned 3 new dealer stock and 1 used and were always able to find very close to what we wanted in stock.
    not huge money but have seen a few post up on here no discounts and 4k in dealer fees makes a boat about 10k more than someone else paying less fees and getting what was historically moomba's 6-7% discount all dealer profit and upside down that much longer should resale be on the mind in a few years.
    that conversation with the dealer would be the final for us signing or waiting. there are a few signs that the market COULD turn a little in '22 but it's all a gamble.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Bigs28 View Post
    As far as buying a boat in this market and spending the amount of money they cost. My opinion is that even if i lose every dollar of the price i paid, the memories of watching my now 6 year old surfing, wakeboarding, and tubing is the greatest return on any investment ive made.
    I always kind of laugh when I read these type of making memories posts..

Memories of: dad yelling at mom while launching the boat…dad yelling at the kids for dropping chips all over the seats and floor…yelling at kids/mom while docking the boat…yelling at the kids because after 2 mins in the tube they want to be done…

Memories of being the only one to clean up the boat after a day on the lake…

And on and on..
    2021 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post

Memories of: dad yelling at mom while launching the boat…dad yelling at the kids for dropping chips all over the seats and floor…yelling at kids/mom while docking the boat…yelling at the kids because after 2 mins in the tube they want to be done…

And on and on..
    LOL. That is always going to be the case by the end of any vacation too! Even a trip to Disney World!

2021 Moomba Makai

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post

And on and on..
    this was my laugh for the day!! thx for that
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

The NXT really isn't a boat i would consider. Its a bare bones stripped down version of Mastercraft that carries a higher price tag than it should that is for sure. there are some very weird things about it too. I came from MC so naturally i looked at the NXT in depth before i bought my Moomba. You will get a nicer boat in Moomba IMO. Looked at Tige too. Dealer support was an issue with the brand for me in my area. Only one dealer 4 hours from where i keep my boat. Moomba checked all the boxes for me. Like the looks of the Malibu line but recent years the quality seems to be fading. Axis? not a chance. they seem to have the quality of a 2nd grade art project.

the only thing you MUST do with the moomba is add more weight. they do NOT surf right out of the box even with upgraded ballasts unless you go HUGE and sometimes dealers won't do it for you because of liability or at least that's what i as told. So i added 500 lbs of lead and now i can surf with no issues. All that being said moomba's need weight just like every boat, but maybe a bit more than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason1975 View Post
    The NXT really isn't a boat i would consider. Its a bare bones stripped down version of Mastercraft that carries a higher price tag than it should that is for sure. there are some very weird things about it too. I came from MC so naturally i looked at the NXT in depth before i bought my Moomba. You will get a nicer boat in Moomba IMO. Looked at Tige too. Dealer support was an issue with the brand for me in my area. Only one dealer 4 hours from where i keep my boat. Moomba checked all the boxes for me. Like the looks of the Malibu line but recent years the quality seems to be fading. Axis? not a chance. they seem to have the quality of a 2nd grade art project.

the only thing you MUST do with the moomba is add more weight. they do NOT surf right out of the box even with upgraded ballasts unless you go HUGE and sometimes dealers won't do it for you because of liability or at least that's what i as told. So i added 500 lbs of lead and now i can surf with no issues. All that being said moomba's need weight just like every boat, but maybe a bit more than the others.
    Jason, what boat do you have? I am getting a good wave out of my stock 2021 Makai with only 3 in boat and 1 surfing. When I have 7 or more in the boat it is really good. More than that and it gets even better. Could I add some lead and get even better? Yes, I am sure, and probably will do that. But I can get a good stock wave that is surfable by all my teenage and college age kids and friends

2021 Moomba Makai

Everyone's definition of stock wave is different. All Moombas are all surfable out of the box, but ride on Supra hulls designed for heavier boats.. Now, I assume that your Makai being a 24.5 ft probably doesn't need much more.. Our kids (16 and 20) were able to surf the Mondo stock, but only within 10 ft of the boat. No room for tricks. 850 #'s if lead and problem fixed. (Total weight of boat ~ 9500 #'s.
    Now, since we upgraded to heavier 5K boat with 5K ballast, they are able to surf 25ft behind the boat. Picture below my son surfing yesterday with 2 people on board. He's 5'11
    20210905_231122.jpg
    Last edited by Ralphy; 09-07-2021 at 09:36 AM.
    2022 MB F22 Alpha
    2021 Mondo (sold)
    2020 Grand Island Fish
    2017 Sea-Doo Spark

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Jason, what boat do you have? I am getting a good wave out of my stock 2021 Makai with only 3 in boat and 1 surfing. When I have 7 or more in the boat it is really good. More than that and it gets even better. Could I add some lead and get even better? Yes, I am sure, and probably will do that. But I can get a good stock wave that is surfable by all my teenage and college age kids and friends

I have a Mondo. The dealer only gave me the option for 750lb sacs in the rear lockers. You need 900's to surf stock IMO. At 6' 200lbs the stock wave without lead was tough unless i was damn near on the swim platform. So i bought lead and put 5 bags on surf side, 4 on non surf side and it woke up the wave. With this setup i am able to surf with just one person (driver) in the boat. I start adding a few people and the wave becomes even so much better. My setup varied, but usually 100% fill on surf side, 60 non surf side and 60% up front created a wave with push.

I think the mondo gets underrated cuz its slightly less than 21'. But we have a small lake, smaller crew and with a little added lead it surfs well. I also ride a 24 mxz and yah its a big wave, but no more push or length than my boat. Its pretty much what you see is what you get with surf gates.