Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Software

would explain why mine didn't have ....as I asked the dealer to try and upgrade mine in the past.
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Yours looks like it is in heat shrink. I assume when you opt for the maps they cut the heat shrink off to attach the USB as mine didn’t have any heat shrink on it. Glad you were able to find it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks...Tried it out today...nice improvements on the auto wake operation and cleaned up the splash-over on the goofy wave.

Do you know what about the settings has cleaned up the goofy wave? Are you running in AutoWake with the default settings? If so, have the defaults been adjusted in the update?

Im not sure what was done to clean it up, I have flow 3 so maybe something with the Yaw tab. I used auto wake all day, it worked perfectly. I changed the settings to 9.5pitch and +4deg roll for goofy, 9.5, -1.0 for normal.

I asked my dealer about this update and they don't know anything about it. Has it been provided to all dealers? Is there a maintenance bulletin, etc. that I can reference to point them in the right direction?

I just saw the new auto wake features for 2022 on the Moomba website, and read this thread from the start. Not aware of any mtce bulletin.

Really good feature is that on the advanced screen it will tell you where to move people/weight with auto-wake inactive (ballast pump on) to achieve your pre-set pitch/roll.

Default Has anyone successfully done this on a 21 mojo yet?

Has anyone successfully done this on a 21 mojo yet?

Just got back from trying to do this - had everything ready to go thinking it would be a 5 minute software flash.. and for the life of me couldn't find the USB cable... crawled under there for a good while.. does anyone have a picture of where it's at on a Mojo? I haven't seen one yet, but it appears to be waaaay back to the side and far up.

Unfortunately, in order to really get in there and look good, it looks like I have to unbolt and move the Subwoofer box and all that crap that's under there..... Just didn't feel like spending all day on that project.. but zero chance of getting back there unless I take it all out. figured I'd just have the dealer do it..

Dealers response was "I don't have an answer yet, but from what I understand the 2022 has new features and so it won't work"... I don't believe that to be true.... (no fault of the dealer, they are generally great, just don't think he was informed yet).. But, I'm assuming this is a software update from 21 to 22. per posts here, should be backward compatible.

Really bummed / frustrated out about this.. was looking forward to seeing if it helps - I've been having issues with wonky surf tabs not resetting after shutting it off, switching riders or after doing transfers.
    2021 Mojo
    2018 MAX - sold - 250 hours, absolute awesome boat.

Just to echo what Mobius22 said previously in this thread, we at Skier’s Choice HIGHLY recommend that software updates be performed by dealers only. Especially with the 2022 software, there is much more to it than a simple software reflash. Certain components on your will not work correctly and you are at a risk of voiding your factory warranty. Please reach out to your dealers for specific information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can certainly understand that Jon. When I've talked to my dealer, the feedback that I get is that they don't have anything. Should they be knowledgeable of this capability/service? If they don't know that a software update is available, or don't have it, how do they know how to check/do the additional items to make sure everything is okay beyond the flash?

The improvements seem to be really useful, hence all the interest from the forum to get this done ourselves.
    2021 Makai
    2020 Yamaha 195S (for sale)

So.... can we work on then putting out some maintenance bulletins on it and start educating the dealers on the options / process? Like I said, I reached out and they seemed to know less than what is even offered here.. ? Trust me, I'd rather drop it off and have them do the work also..

I have been a die hard SC fan for years now.. but if I'm being totally honest, I'm really getting tired of chasing around fixes for my brand new boat all summer..

at this rate, it will be next season before I get to try out the new software I guess.
    2021 Mojo
    2018 MAX - sold - 250 hours, absolute awesome boat.