Quote Originally Posted by Schlanseay View Post
Thank you, I’ve read about the 15ft as well. We have three other Moombas that all surf the same depths some even shallower, one Max and a couple Makai’s. Figure our Kaiyen should be able to as well. We dont use autowake, we only flip it on to check where numbers are at then flip it off. What was your mondo like out of the box to inform you to weight the bow and rear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you know what the other boats are running for extra weight and as Ralphy notes if they are doing anything different speed wise etc? Just a thought might be worth picking their brains if nothing else to help figure out what they did vs stock. We ride with a light crew typically (spotter and driver max 300lbs if that but I am not asking my wife or mother what they weigh) and yes you can surf it but I think you might be suffering from less than ideal depth and light crew killing your push. Watching the wake 9 video for the mondo we just tried to replicate it as best we could, the 500 plus lbs in the bow (they used 500 but we go more as it is not all the way forward) and the extra 400lbs in the back on the floor to make up for the light crew although we do ride it with a larger crew sometimes because as larry notes more displacement the better. If I were you I would see if you can get your hands on some more weight and or people ballast and see if that helps you out, if possible try it on a deeper lake just to see how much that is impacting you. As sandm and others have noted these boats typically like more weight than stock ballast provides , not to say that you can't surf it stock but it will be harder with less push in less than perfect conditions. We don't do lead just because our launch is shallow and I don't want to have to load lead in and out every time plus we have the single axle trailer.