Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sleek98 View Post
    I think we are going to see more of the truck pricing model in the next few years. Yeah MSRP might be 125k for it but in a bad year you can get 15-20% off with rebates and incentives and in good years (like now with more buyers than slots) your paying full msrp.
    I agree. I don't think this market will hold long term and while the MSRPs won't come down the discounts will become deeper. Now when that will all happen who knows........

Just blows my mind sometimes that with people not working boats, trucks and houses are flying off the market and most times never even hitting the market. Crazy times!
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by sleek98 View Post
    I think we are going to see more of the truck pricing model in the next few years. Yeah MSRP might be 125k for it but in a bad year you can get 15-20% off with rebates and incentives and in good years (like now with more buyers than slots) your paying full msrp.
    already seeing that on other brands in years past, just not moomba. our discount on the 2 tiges we have bought new have been 17% in '12 and 24% in '20 and know that some are seeing that in years past on supras/nauttys/'bu's. now it's msrp plus.
    Last edited by sandm; 07-22-2021 at 12:43 PM.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Something interesting tho... I've been watching only inboards for Supras (19 and newer) for sale for a while. It got down to 4 boats for sale. Its up to 14 for sale now that have prices listed. I have not seen that many for sale in a while.

onlyinboards is slowly creeping up with listings on used boats. couple hundred more in the last 2 weeks.
    I wonder if the market will start to turn over this upcoming winter and all the HUGE price increases end up being a short sighted decision.

People are absolutely going to take advantage of elevated prices to get out of the sport with a profit in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    onlyinboards is slowly creeping up with listings on used boats. couple hundred more in the last 2 weeks.
    I wonder if the market will start to turn over this upcoming winter and all the HUGE price increases end up being a short sighted decision.
    I have been seeing less and less boats out on our lake since early June. Skyrocketing gas prices as well as regular life coming back I think alot of people are ditching their boats that they bought last year when gas was 2.39 a gallon on the water here and they had nothing to do. Now that gas is 4.75 a gallon and they can go back to concerts and vacations they dont want the 500 a month payment sitting in the driveway or in their 200 a month storage unit.
    2021 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    People are absolutely going to take advantage of elevated prices to get out of the sport with a profit in hand.

I can see that. There is a SA550 that just went up for sale that still has dealer paper plates on it. Its in Colorado... If i go by California (90 day paper plate) rules his plate expires in October so he just bought it...

onlyinboards went up again by another 200 in the last 5 days. something tells me the used market is about to see a price correction. hope those that need to get out do and anyone who has a 2022 on order, i'd sure be looking long and hard at the new boat pricing vs what looks to be brewing on the used side.....

With the 2022 MSRP jump coming, it will shelter used prices a bit.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    With the 2022 MSRP jump coming, it will shelter used prices a bit.

It will a little bit. If boats continue to come up for sale it should start to drive prices down a bit. There have been 7 come up for sale in the last 4 days iirc... 2019 and newer.