Thread: Lake Flooded

Default Lake Flooded

After about 7" of rain last week the lake flooded. Went about 3.5 feet over flood level really quick and continued up over the next 3 days. It finally is back to almost normal and luckily I made it in time to get the boat out of the boat house and everything off the dock. Not everyone was so lucky unfortunately. Two houses up I just finished helping them get the boat off the dock and there are several boats washed up on the bank. I saw pictures of a row of boats pushed up against the damn, too. Lots of pieces of docks floating around the lake, a few of which are mine. Lost about 10 boards off my floating dock and the bridge came unattached but that was an easy fix. A few pic of my dock.

Attachment 29664

Attachment 29665
    Attachment 29666

2004 Moomba Outback LS
    2016 Wrangler JK

Sorry to hear about such loss. Please send that rain out west.

Yup it was bad where I live too (south of bham). Lake Martin was trashed with debris and entire trees. I won’t be going down for at least another week to let it get cleared out.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

That sounds pretty bad. We got lucky and LB didn't flooded. I saw where the storms were dropping a lot if water there. Your pics wouldn't open

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Yup it was bad where I live too (south of bham). Lake Martin was trashed with debris and entire trees. I won’t be going down for at least another week to let it get cleared out.
    I was wondering how y'all fared down that way. The only folks I know on Lake Martin said they did not personally have any problems. I rode around the lake today and most of the debris is gone from the water but saw quite a few more docks with significant damage.

2004 Moomba Outback LS
    2016 Wrangler JK

Quote Originally Posted by Jimm View Post
    I was wondering how y'all fared down that way. The only folks I know on Lake Martin said they did not personally have any problems. I rode around the lake today and most of the debris is gone from the water but saw quite a few more docks with significant damage.
    It was pretty crazy where I live!! Dumped tons of water and lots of submerged cars unfortunately. My wife barely made it home in her Honda CRV as it floated a few times lol. When I pulled into my driveway I had probably over a foot of water and some was in my garage. Not the best pic but there was a ton of water on the road just before I got home...

I tried to take some pics while passing on the 280 bridge over lake Martin but couldn’t get a pic in time. It looked like Willy Wonka chocolate river on the north end of the lake and tons of debris and trees from all the runoff. The other portions of the lake didn’t get hit as hard. Still a bunch of these monsters lurking on top and underneath the surface!...

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    It was pretty crazy where I live!! Dumped tons of water and lots of submerged cars unfortunately. My wife barely made it home in her Honda CRV as it floated a few times lol. When I pulled into my driveway I had probably over a foot of water and some was in my garage. Not the best pic but there was a ton of water on the road just before I got home...

I tried to take some pics while passing on the 280 bridge over lake Martin but couldn’t get a pic in time. It looked like Willy Wonka chocolate river on the north end of the lake and tons of debris and trees from all the runoff. The other portions of the lake didn’t get hit as hard. Still a bunch of these monsters lurking on top and underneath the surface!...

This is like every spring in lake livingston lol
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Luckly Where I live Lay Lake, we are a pass through lake. So our waters didn't rise much but we have a ton Of Debris still floating in lake.

Lake is at perfect level now. I just a new to me 2010 XLV Gravity Games hoping to get out on Sunday!
    2010 XLV Gravity Games

Quote Originally Posted by Watkins4x View Post
    Lake is at perfect level now. I just a new to me 2010 XLV Gravity Games hoping to get out on Sunday!
    Are you on Logan Martin??

2004 Moomba Outback LS
    2016 Wrangler JK