Thread: Trailer Bunks

Hybrid View

I cut and pre-carpet the bunks ahead of time at home. I launch and spend some time on the water. Go back to the parking lot after it has had some time to dry. Cordless drill pre-drill holes and run the lag bolts in with some wood glue/sealant of choice. Takes 1/2 hr to do entire job in the lot at most while family is out enjoying the water. Take some sandpaper and touchup spray paint to hit the areas needed on the brackets.
    2017 Moomba Craz
    400 Indmar Rapter 6.2L
    "X-ceeding Limits"

2004 Supra 22 Launch SSV-crushed by a massive oak tree. RIP 4/1/2023
    325 Indmar Assault 320 HP
    "One more hour"

composite is good for a lot of things but bunks is asking for a fail. has all the makings of an "americas funniest home video" clip.

those "ultimate bunk boards" are stupid-expensive. 1 8ft supreme board at $230 is more than double what it cost me to do it 4 months ago in wood/carpet. even the basic 8ft cost what my entire job cost.
    I guess nautty/mc owners need something to spend their coin on.....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Prop guard is already installed . Yes they are smaller and thats why they were saying double them up . Ya i dont think i will go that route was just wondering if anyone has done it or knew of anyone who did . Agree they are definitely not as strong. Was just asking . I have had the boat 3 years now and have yet to replace them ...and the condition the boat was in when i got it, i would venture to say the have been replaced MAYBE once !! They are i bad shape thus why i, getting this done this weekend