Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Which motor? 400 or 450

Good post. I would also think it depends on how long you want to keep it.

450 will sell faster than a 400, but they do not command the increase in price, some yes, but not much.

All things change now with new gears/trans ratio.

I would also opt for the 450 in the SL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

I have a Craz with the 400. When fully loaded with ballast and crew I forgot to engage to autowake launch system once. The boat took forever to plane out and really struggled in my opinion. However with the launch system I have never had a issue, so that system truly does work. My buddy has a Malibu LSV 23 with the same Raptor motor and would have the same planing issue with mass amounts of extra weight. However, these experiences are only when wakeboarding and trying to get up to 22 mph. For surfing, the 400 appears to be a beast even with additional weight. Personally though, if I were to ever own a wake boat larger than 22’, it would have the bigger motor.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    I have a Craz with the 400. When fully loaded with ballast and crew I forgot to engage to autowake launch system once. The boat took forever to plane out and really struggled in my opinion. However with the launch system I have never had a issue, so that system truly does work. My buddy has a Malibu LSV 23 with the same Raptor motor and would have the same planing issue with mass amounts of extra weight. However, these experiences are only when wakeboarding and trying to get up to 22 mph. For surfing, the 400 appears to be a beast even with additional weight. Personally though, if I were to ever own a wake boat larger than 22’, it would have the bigger motor.

Good post. I have found the limit of a few 400s and 440 but I am insane, too.