Thread: 2018 Supra SL

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    My view is anything north of 200K is FU money
    Are G23’s and X star’s north of $200k??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

msrp on stars and g25's are not hard to get north of 200k checking lots of boxes.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMma View Post
    Does anyone have the 2018 Supra SL, I am picking mine up in like three weeks.

1) Hows the wave for wakeboarding? Does it compete with the best out there, which models does it compete with?
    2) Hows the wave for wakesurfing? Does it compete with the best out there, which models does it compete with?

There's not much in reviews for these boats, did companies stop reviewing boats in this day and age? Everytime I search for best surf or board boat the results are a joke.

Thanks !!!
    JoeMama
    I've ridden the Supra SL, Supra SA, Nautique G23, G21, SAN230, Moomba Max, Mojo, Makai and Malibu 22 MXZ. Surfed and wakeboarded on all of them. I don't have just one favorite. The Supra SL, Nautique G23, and Moomba Makai were my favorites.

The Supra SL wave is big. And easy to setup. Just fill ballast, turn on surf, and turn on autowake. Start wakesurfing, give autowake a little time to adjust and you have a big wave with tons of push, tons of length (I could fall back well passed the length of the surf rope). The wake is just as impressive. The wake is big. It's got more lip than the Nautique boats. Nautique wakeboard wake has really smooth transitions. The Supra SL has slightly steeper transitions. The Makai had a wave almost like the SL. Not quite as large, but tons of push and length. The wake was really nice, just not as big as the SL or G23. The Malibu had a large wave with good push, but length didn't seem as nice as the SL.

If you're looking to compare apples to apples, you can't with these boats. The SL is going to throw you top of the line wakes and waves, no doubt about that. The fit and finish and creature comforts are all there too. You can't go wrong with a SL

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMma View Post
    Does anyone have the 2018 Supra SL, I am picking mine up in like three weeks.

1) Hows the wave for wakeboarding? Does it compete with the best out there, which models does it compete with?
    2) Hows the wave for wakesurfing? Does it compete with the best out there, which models does it compete with?

There's not much in reviews for these boats, did companies stop reviewing boats in this day and age? Everytime I search for best surf or board boat the results are a joke.

Thanks !!!
    JoeMama
    Congrats on the purchase! I am sure you will love the boat. Curious as to why you are asking these questions after you bought it. Does it really matter if it is the best? It is what you have now. And, as others have said once you get to these top tier boats "best" becomes a relative term with much bias toward brand loyalty.