Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awesome, thank you for the pics and the heads up about the height. Your install looks great .

I feel ya on removing those bulky seats, I’m so tired of manually filling my 400lb bags. I also plan on doing hinges this winter.

Here’s what I’m thinking:

*I have to go 720lb bags, with the 400’s I’m using now the wave is much better with a few passengers. With the 720’s it should make a nice wave with just the wife and I.

*plumb 2 hoses from the front of each rear bag to the 720 bags.

*T into the stock vent and install a check valve.

*after I do the hinges add a cargo net to the bottom of the benches to hold a few life jackets (so long as there is a couple inches of clearance)

Do you mind emailing me or posting up your parts list from wakemakers so I know what size hose/fittings you used for the fill/drain and vent?

I’ll pm you my email

Thank you sir, I really appreciate you taking the time answer my questions!
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Edit: I’ll go with 1-1/8 for fill/drain.

What size is the factory vent line?

Thanks
    2018 Murder Max

Since you will just be going from the bow side of the bags x 2 your list would be way different. My factory bags are fats sacs which are 3/4 screw.
    So you will need 4 3/4" screw to 1" hose (I used 1" hose). If you are using quick connect then they only come in that 1 - 1/8 and the 1" hose will need to stretch after heating it with a blow dryer.

Basic list:
    ~25 ft of hose
    4 wake maker bag 1" air release plugs (2 for each bag)
    2 y pieces....or T pieces. Either will work for vent.
    2 check valves
    2 1"x1" WAKEMAKERS THREADED HOSE BARB CONNECTOR
    2 WAKEMAKERS 1" DRYLOK X 1-1/8" FLOW-RITE BAG FITTING
    2 WAKEMAKERS FLOW RITE 1" & 1-1/8" QUICK RELEASE CONNECTOR

Obviously your order might change depending on how you want to do the quick release. I used the threaded hose barb connectors for the venting. In retrospect maybe should have done all the connections as quick release.

Great idea on the netting...interested on what hinges you plan on doing?
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Thank you for the heads up on the stock bag fittings being 3/4” screw. I might just go all 1” since I have a bunch of hose leftover from when I upgraded my 08 OBV to g3 with reversibles. I’ll probably do quick release on all bag connections.

Now the question is if I just wait and do it all this winter since we have limited boating weather left, and I’m smack dab in the middle of a fuel injected 4.0L engine swap on my 1982 CJ7 lol

Thanks again
    2018 Murder Max