Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am in the middle of switching the head unit ignition wire to an accessory switch but found both the yellow +12volt and red ignition +12volt wire going to same location on the factory harness, I know it works this way but that could be part of the delay on restart as the head unit sees it as start for first time each time. I am planning on putting the +12 volt on the power bar under dash and the ignition on the accessory switch which is set up for the underwater lights which I dont have.
    Small concern on engine noise when I do this but will know soon enough.
    Boat is a 16 Craz.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz

A volt meter will confirm your theory about the red and yellow without rewiring anything.

I was not concerned about voltage going to head unit rather that the yellow should be on 12 volt constant not switchable. After I moved the yellow to constant the head unit certainly starts up much faster.

2016 Craz

The meter would have shown of the yellow was on a constant or switched, was my point. No need to guess or experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    The meter would have shown of the yellow was on a constant or switched, was my point. No need to guess or experiment.
    oh sorry but I knew for sure that both yellow and red was on ignition switched because both were crimped into same pin in factory harness, actually took harness plug apart to remove them.

2016 Craz